Reversing Update?

Neens

Idea

Hi everyone!

I'm new here but I've been using Evernote for quite a while now. I absolutely loved it up until today. I made the horrible mistake of updating my current version. And I know that this might sound extremely superficial but I really, really hate the new layout. Can someone help me reverse the update? Is that even possible?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Take care!

Neens

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

In Windows, if you have a copy of the executable for an older version, back up your EN data, fully uninstall the current EN, and then  install the older version.  I believe this will also work for the Mac version.  Be careful.

• Level 5
My solution is to write down the upgrade version # and date, then add a reminder in Evernote to consider installing the upgrade 1 month down the road to the middle of January. During that time, I watch this forum for user comments. 

For example, I have seen a lot of recent posts about (1.) sync problems and (2.) notes disappearing. They might not be due to the upgrade, but I don't want to risk it.

If these comments continue, I will push the upgrade date out another month to the middle of February.

Also, I always make sure to have a full Evernote backup before attempting the upgrade. (Actually, I keep a set of Evernote backups.)

• Level 5

Thanks for Captain Hindsighting me!

The purpose of this forum is not just to address your specific issue, but also to offer advice to other users who might encounter a similar problem.

Captain Hindsight

Archived