Evernote Upgrade on iMac is giving me the fits!

cdunlap

Idea

Since the more version 6.0 upgrade on my Mac desktop, I have found Evernote to be dysfunctional!  Until this upgrade I would have said that Evernote is my favorite app, but not any longer . . . I am running Mac OS 10.9.5.

I read through the forum comments and did find that restarting my desktop helped to see all the "missing" notes, but that is only the beginning of the issues I am experiencing.

Currently, I am trying to do nothing more than create a new folder (successful doing that) and then creating a new note in that file! Sounds simple enough, but the "new note" comes up but I am unable to add a title, content, tag - nothing!  The page is blank and I can do NOTHING with it.  

The only option at this point is go back to my notebooks . . . this is bizarre!!!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If you are running EN Mac 6.0 App Store version, then you may want to switch to the Direct D/L version, which has fixed many of the bugs in the AppStore version.

See Evernote Mac v6.0.2 Released

I'm not sure if you can just install the Direct D/L on top of the App Store version.

You may need to uninstall the App Store version first.

If so, See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

But, before you do any of the above, do a FULL backup of your current Evernote.

I'm still trying to figure out how to update my desktop app without losing all my private notes, so until then am just using the web version.

Also, I thought I'd mention that I did fix my shonky-looking,'Untitled Note's everywhere account, by using the back up tool, Revert (full disclosure I am a co-founder).

Anyway, I wrote a blog post about my experience and how to do it here if you're interested: How I fixed my Evernote with Revert. *Backing up your Evernote account with us is a free service.

Cheers!

Nicole

Archived