Runtime Error At Startup - Windows 7

JB7

Just started getting the Runtime Error at startup.  Using Evernote Windows/273753; Windows/6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.

I have read the workaround to click on a different notebook and work through deleting an offending note that is causing the issue.  The problem I have is that it is not getting that far.  I cannot select nor do I see my notebooks prior to or after the Runtime error.

I need my notes!!!

I have opened an incident with Evernote (Ticket #838251)but have not heard back yet.

Tried uninstalling and installing an older version.  Same thing.

Any other ideas?

JB7

• Level 5*

What changed on your system?  It's unusual to have an existing account suddenly start throwing runtime errors without some external change having taken place.  Best advice would be to restart the system,  backup the Evernote database folder,  and uninstall / reinstall the latest version of Evernote.

If that doesn't work it's possible that a corrupted Evernote file is being retained on the system between installs - find and copy your Activity Log (under the Help menu item) and try uninstall/ reinstall again,  but use Revo Uninstaller to completely wipe all Evernote files (except for your database folder).

Archived