Homescreen shortcuts not working on phone

Hi, I've tried placing notes and notebooks on my homescreen. On my tablet it works fine, but on my phone it doesn't. On the phone, when you click the top left corner, instead of going to the app's menu, it just closes/crashes. 

I've tried reinstalling, but this doesn't help.

Is it just me? Can other people with Android phones check this? 

I contacted support and they asked me to send a log, but I'm interested to know if this feature normally works. 

• Level 5*

How do you "place a notebook"?  There's a widget that you can set up to display notes,  plus it's possible to put a shortcut to a note on the home screen;  both of those are alive and working on my SG3 phone.  But I wasn't aware you could link to a notebook...

• Level 5*

Wow.  I didn't even realise that existed..  It's not a Premium vs Free AFAIK - I just opened a notebook to display a list of notes,  tapped the dropdown to choose Add to Home Screen and added a shortcut to my Home screen - again on the SG3.  Seems to be working for me...

Yeah, now open the note or notebook from the homescreen shortcut and tap the elephant in the top left corner to go to the main menu. I think you'll find it works on a tablet but probably not on a phone. Evernote have confirmed this behaviour can be replicated at their end, but have yet to say if it's a bug or a limitation of the Android design on a phone. I suspect it's a bug. 

• Level 5*

That's weird - on my phone my top left icon is the Notebooks icon,  not an elephant,  and although it has a "<" arrow as if I can go back to the main Notebooks list,  if I tap it I get jumped out of Evernote and back to my home screen.  Adding or editing notes in a specific notebook works though - still a potentially awesome tip.

Archived