Mac release is a visual disaster.

JohnBinSC

Idea

8 replies to this idea

I agree and it seems like there are a dozen of threads filled with the same complant...

I really hope they take action FAST.

I'm trying to run the older version and it's telling me that my EN data is managed by a newer version .

How can I bypass this?

App developers should stop copying Jony Ive´s designs, he´s a total disaster what comes to UI design.

That said I just updated today and to my horror noticed that the flat UI plague has ruined an OK functioning interface once again... 

[/rant]

Here is the full uninstall process for EN Mac:

1. Goto Evernote Mac > About Evernote
  2. Hold down the OPTION key to reveal the “Open Database Folder” link
  3. Click on this link to open the Mac Finder to this folder
  4. QUIT Evernote, both the App and from the Apple menu (if it is still there)
  5. In the Mac Applications folder, move the Evernote app to Trash.
  6. The Finder is showing the EN data folder for the current EN account that you are logged in to on your Mac
  7. In the Finder, move back to the “Evernote” folder.
  8. Backup this “Evernote” folder, either by a copy to another location (preferably to an external drive), or using Time Machine
  9. When you are SURE you have a good backup, delete (move to Trash) the “Evernote” folder.  
    Note that this is removing EN Mac for ALL EN Accounts.
  10. If you want to make sure that Evernote has been completely removed from your Mac, you can use a 3rd party app like AppDelete
    Just make sure it does NOT remove your EN backup made in Step #8.
  11. At this point Evernote (App and data) for ALL EN Accounts should be completely removed from your Mac.
  12. Although not absolutely necessary, I like to reboot my Mac at this point.
  13. You are now ready to install the version of EN Mac that you want.  

dingdong - Thanks for the uninstall directions. It took me 10 minutes total from seeing the new UI to reverting to 5.7.

I am not a fan of the flat UI look and I think the new UI looks terrible. Everything blends together in one big blob of items that are indistinguishable. The 5.7 UI is not the greatest looking either, but at least there is a clear visual separation between elements and you can scan through notes and the sidebar much quicker.

Six months down the line, they will come up with Evernote 7.0. And this new version will have a brilliant new idea... Something revolutionary!!! Something never seen before!!!

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

Of using other colours apart from white and grey to brighten up the user interface!!! Of course, they will hold meetings, brainstorming sessions, pay lots of money to bring in outside expert consultants to reach that conclusion.

So we will just need to be patient until this happens. And it will. Right now - its just too embarrasing for them to admit they made a mistake!

• Level 5*

dingdong, I'm glad you liked my instructions enough to repeat some of them.    ;)

However, you left out a very important step:  Export Local Notebooks to ENEX before you uninstall.

The reason I always provide a link to my complete instructions is so that if any changes are made, everyone always have access to the latest version.

Here is the full uninstall process for EN Mac:

1. Goto Evernote Mac > About Evernote
  2. Hold down the OPTION key to reveal the “Open Database Folder” link
  3. Click on this link to open the Mac Finder to this folder
  4. QUIT Evernote, both the App and from the Apple menu (if it is still there)
  5. In the Mac Applications folder, move the Evernote app to Trash.
  6. The Finder is showing the EN data folder for the current EN account that you are logged in to on your Mac
  7. In the Finder, move back to the “Evernote” folder.
  8. Backup this “Evernote” folder, either by a copy to another location (preferably to an external drive), or using Time Machine
  9. When you are SURE you have a good backup, delete (move to Trash) the “Evernote” folder.  
    Note that this is removing EN Mac for ALL EN Accounts.
  10. If you want to make sure that Evernote has been completely removed from your Mac, you can use a 3rd party app like AppDelete
    Just make sure it does NOT remove your EN backup made in Step #8.
  11. At this point Evernote (App and data) for ALL EN Accounts should be completely removed from your Mac.
  12. Although not absolutely necessary, I like to reboot my Mac at this point.
  13. You are now ready to install the version of EN Mac that you want.  

Archived