Evernote won't process my payment

Evernote won't process my payment, and evidently there is NO PLACE to contact for help. 

It's been real nice using Evernote, but I need to be able to get a problem like this fixed or it's going to come to an end REAL fast.

I specifically got a notice that Evernote can't process my payment, even though the correct card is active, and the account has more than $400 on it.   I just checked.   I deleted and re-entered the card, and same result.   

Yes, I submitted a ticket, I don't expect that's going real far.  In a week or two, if I'm VERY lucky, I expect I'll hear that they can't process my payment.   

GET WITH IT, EVERNOTE!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get this fixed? I am having the same problem. I have tried multiple cards and it won't accept any of them. They got back to me asking for more info, but so far it still isn't fixed for me. I am really hoping I don't lose my Premium over this.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Please let's not assume that everyone who has a payment problem has the same payment problem, or that it's always a problem on the Evernote side. I'm not saying we never have bugs or processing downtime. However, many of the payment issues that I investigate with the customer support team turn out to be not due to Evernote bugs/downtime.

File a support ticket, in the Billing Issue category. They'll help you out. It turns out that a public forum is not the best place to be discussing what your name or credit card number is, or whose account is over their credit limit.

Thanks,

--Nancy

I don't see why a public post should not be warranted.  Obviously no one should ever post credit card info online but this is not a problem people will bother posting if tech support has resolved the issue at a timely fashion.  Personally, I've never experienced an online merchant letting something like this to spill over to public forum.  

I too have been unable to extend my premium account for a month now and it is about to expire in a few days.  Obviously I had a credit card transaction gone through before hence me having a premium account but after dozens of tries with all the major credit cards (VISA, Master and Discover), a debit card and three browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome, I am still getting unable to process error.  None of the cards are having problems with other online merchants and I have contacted the card companies and they have not received transaction request from Evernote either.  The only thing I got from Evernote support was that they are escalating the support level and the "elevated" support sent me a link that is the same as the standard checkout link.

I was trying out Evernote premium for a business I am starting but after this fiasco I am considering going back to setting up my own server.  Evernote is fun for personal use but its service is not business standard. 

• 4 months later...

I don't see why a public post should not be warranted.  Obviously no one should ever post credit card info online but this is not a problem people will bother posting if tech support has resolved the issue at a timely fashion.  Personally, I've never experienced an online merchant letting something like this to spill over to public forum.  

I too have been unable to extend my premium account for a month now and it is about to expire in a few days.  Obviously I had a credit card transaction gone through before hence me having a premium account but after dozens of tries with all the major credit cards (VISA, Master and Discover), a debit card and three browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome, I am still getting unable to process error.  None of the cards are having problems with other online merchants and I have contacted the card companies and they have not received transaction request from Evernote either.  The only thing I got from Evernote support was that they are escalating the support level and the "elevated" support sent me a link that is the same as the standard checkout link.

I was trying out Evernote premium for a business I am starting but after this fiasco I am considering going back to setting up my own server.  Evernote is fun for personal use but its service is not business standard. 

I agree.  I am having the same issue.  Our card issuer has not seen anything in the past couple days from Evernote and we already have a Business account.  Multiple actually one of which is down right now because we can't make a payment.  I have been trying to contact Evernote mulitple ways but no response yet.  This is horrible and not acceptable on a business level.

• 5 months later...

It's hard to believe I had exactly the same problem a year ago that I just had this month.  Maybe a date bug?  But it isn't yet November 26. 

I complained of the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago on this forum.   Evernote sent me an email telling me it couldn't process my payment, then when I tried to retype my debit card number ot dropped me, and cancelled my account, and no way to contact chat, and no phone number where a human answers.   Only after posting here and on Twitter, and filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau, did Evernote address it.  The support ticket I filed got transferred to a different department and then nada.    Evernote admitted that the problem was at their end, and reinstated their account.   I frankly didn't notice if I'm suddenly paying a larger amount of money.

I wish the attitude "Nancy" posted above surprised me.  

The Better Business Bureau had 5 complaints, all resolved, when I complained, and gives Evernote an A+ rating.   If more people kept complaining of the same problem, that would sure change.   It's disgraceful that Evernote doesn't provide actual phone support, where someone answers the phone!   It has millions of customers and makes billions of dollars a year.  

Thanks for hte follow ups, people.

Archived