Nesting a notebook in new web beta?

kevin20007

Idea

Sorry to ask a simple question here but: I can for the life of me figure out how to next a notebook into a stack.

And now that I'm looking, I don't see where you create stacks either.

One other unrelated note: Many of my notes are saved URLs, and I find the location of the "jump to link" very difficult from a ux perspective.

Thanks!

9 replies to this idea

Hello kevin20007, 

This functionality hasn't been implemented in the Beta, but we're currently looking at solutions.  For now, you should be able to view the stacks you have created, but you won't be able to create new stacks or move anything that you've already created into a stack. To create a new note in an existing stack, just open that notebook & click the + button.  It will default to the clicked notebook.  

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.  If you'd need this functionality, you can switch back to the standard web client by going to > Settings > Account Settings > Beta > Go back to the old version.

• Level 5

This functionality hasn't been implemented in the Beta, but we're currently looking at solutions.

Sorry, but I don't understand. You create a new Web client and advertise it as a fantastic new design that will change the way we work. In the notebook panel you display the stacks that the users created for a better organisation of the notebooks and you don't think of a possibility to create new stacks, put new notebooks into these stacks or reorganise stacks and notebooks? And you have to look at solutions? With all due respect, but it sounds strange to me. Why do you display stacks at all?

If you'd need this functionality, you can switch back to the standard web client by going to > Settings > Account Settings > Beta > Go back to the old version.

You are right, the 'old' version is the standard version and the Web Beta client is by far not up to this standard.

I really love Evernote and I am using the Web client at work on my Linux, the Mac desktop app at home and the iPad client while travelling. But I will have to stop using Evernote for work if the Web client does not get most of the features of the standard client and a design that enables me to display more than just 4 notes at the same time and allows me to do my best work.

Thanks for the response nanphan.  I know you all are working hard, and love the product, but do agree with the other comment, it's difficult to keep my workflow in the new beta given some basic functionality is difficult (stacks, finding direct link to saved webpages/notes, merging notes).  I'm going to have to revert, but look forward to you all getting the beta up to speed.  

• Level 5*

It's incredibly frustrating that a new "Beta" was forced on us that removed functionality. This was a very poor decision.

You continue to have the option of reverting to the non-beta version, as has been described numerous times in this subforum.

Hi everyone. We haven't completed all of the features related to stacks yet, but wanted to update where this scenario is add right now: 

• Creating a new stack - Will be added in future release
  • Moving a notebook to a stack - Will be added in future release
  • Moving a note into a preexisting notebook in a preexisting stack - Complete
    • While editing a note, click on the Notebook dropdown in the upper left corner of the note.  This list will now include stack that you have previously created.

Thank you for your patience,

Nancy 

Hi, unfortunately this new drag & drop solution to push a notebook at stack is not really handy. I have a long list of notebooks and I cannot scroll down to push a notebook on a desire stack.

Thank you for the feedback, copyme. We are aware of this issue and are investigating autoscroll and alternative solutions for users with a lot of notebooks. Thank you for your patience in the meantime and thanks for bubbling this up. 

Archived