Why isn't enxrypted text saved when Exporting to HTML

Mac 10.9.5 Evernote 6

I have thousands of notes, many with encrypted text. The problem is that when I export them to HTML all I see in place of the encrypted text is this:

[Encrypted in Evernote]

That is useless to me. Why isn't encrypted text saved in HTML just like they are in Evernote? It's just javascript after all right? Javascript can be placed within an HTML file right?

I use the same password for all my encrypted text. Is there a way to decrypt all of the text BEFORE exporting to HTML?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hi.  I already answered a different version of this question.  Please don't cross-post.

Hi, gaz. I searched the knowledge base first and didn't find anything. Where is your post? What was the answer? 

Thank you in advance for your constructive feedback. If you don't have anything useful to add, please don't.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 15/08/2017 at 11:35 AM, MHeyduk said:

I am already very interested in how to decrypt all text before exporting. It would be very helpful for me! 

That's a 3 year-old conversation that didn't (obviously) get any further.  Things have changed since then,  though not so much in Evernote's in-note encryption.  AFAIK it's not possible to decrypt notes other than one at a time - an argument for using encrypted PDF files which can be extracted in bulk without decryption and can still be opened when needed.  Sorry not to be more help.

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-15 at 3:35 AM, MHeyduk said:

I am already very interested in how to decrypt all text before exporting. It would be very helpful for me! 

I see the decrypting and exporting as two completely independent actions
I echo @gazumped's suggestion of encrypted pdfs
I use this, as well as encrypted office/iwork attachments
This way, I am able to decrypt my exported data when required

Archived