Feature Request

I have been using evernote for expense receipts, I would love a dedicated button to scan a receipt and place it into a specific folder. Maybe even after that point a print option to print multiples on one page neatly. I take a picture with my phone, then print from my computer and move all submitted receipts to an folder for archival purposes. I think the program could work really well with this function as well as be a viable alternative to some of the dedicated reciept programs currently available. I know this alone would keep me a paid user.

Jeff

• Level 5*

That seems a couple of steps too specific for Evernote to consider - the app is a general purpose tool;  too many specific uses clutter the UI with special buttons and menu choices.  Still, the suggestion is made...

Jeddy, I agree with gazumped in that Evernote is a repository tool for documents and information, with a few settings to tweak how it functions. Once you start putting alot of options in it, it becomes bogged down and way too complex. To do what you are requesting, there are many mobile apps/computer applications which already integrate nicely with Evernote to do just what you are asking. For instance, I use a mobile app called - Camscanner. It allows me to use either my phone or tablet to scan a document, send it directly into Evernote and at the same time, move it into an existing notebook and even tag the file. Hope this helped!!!!!

Archived