(Error Resolution) Evernote.exe - Entry point not found "libxml2.dll"

GregM

Resolution for Evernote Version: 5.7.2.5753

(this issue may also be similar on other applications)

Not sure if anyone knows about this, but it seems Evernote is also coming with it's own "libxml2.dll" installed in the same location as the Evernote installed path.

Windows x64-bit, default installation path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\"

If your getting the following error: Evernote.exe - Entry point not found "libxml2.dll", do the following...

• Delete the "libxml.dll" file from the following path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\"

Evernote application will then use the "libxml.dll" file from the following path: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" by default.

Regards,

Greg

• Level 5*

Evernote may not be installed in that path; check the path associated with the shortcut that you use to launch Evernote with. For example,mine is installed in "C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote". libxml2.dll is also there, and there are no problems. Depends.exe points correctly at that version of of the run-time library. "libxml.dll" is not found in my "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder or any of its subfolders; I doubt that it's part of a default Windows installation. I don't know where yours came from, or why Evernote would be linking to it.

Archived