After update all notes are GONE

elbodans

Idea

Hello. First time poster here. I should start by saying that I use Evernote for EVERYTHING. And that last night, it apparently updated on its own. And now everything is GONE.

I can see the notes in preview, with all of the text. But when I click on any one note, it is totally blank. Nothing. Zero. See attached screen shot. 

This is the equivalent of having lost every single bit of data and writing I've accumulated for the last two years. I am writing this before crying. If it is not fixable, I do not know what I am going to do. 

I have a premium account. Don't know if this helps. Please advise. Thanks. 

Oh! And worse--which I just discovered right now, hoping and praying that it would fix itself: when I click on a note to try to open it, the title changes to Untitled Note. GAH! Seriously, this is how I do EVERYTHING. All of my work info. All. Of. It. HELP! 

post-237425-0-98510000-1416855785_thumb.

11 replies to this idea

I think I have exactly the same issue. Since I upgraded the Evernote for Mac application today I cannot view my existing notes nor can I create a new note. I can view, edit and create new ones in the web interface. So my notes are not gone,

Any help would be appreciated.

I think I have exactly the same issue. Since I upgraded the Evernote for Mac application today I cannot view my existing notes nor can I create a new note. I can view, edit and create new ones in the web interface. So my notes are not gone,

Any help would be appreciated.

ok, yes, mine are still there on the web version. but i can't use the web version at work (i work in various schools across the country) because it is blocked by most districts' filter (which is ridiculous, but that's not the point). 

it seems that many people are having this issue. please advise, someone in charge! thank you!!!! 

I am also a Premium user and, unfortunately, I have decided to update the app. Now I cannot access any of my notes. I am totally stuck with my work and personal notes.

EVERNOTE, why do you release such a buggy mess? You promised great enhancements in reliability with this new release, but you delivered nothing, apart from A BIG FAT PROBLEM for your users.

I am totally disgusted.

I never have any problems with EverNote before.  This is the first time I've ever had to seek help.

I opened my EverNote Mac version 1st thing in the morning to take notes at a meeting.  

I didn't seem to be able to enter any text, may be just the title.

The sync between the Web interface & the local version is not always the "last update wins".  But most importantly I need to be able to enter my notes offline. 

I need a resolution ASAP. 

Exactly the same issue, except only on one laptop, not the other. I spent too long trying to fix what EN complained was a sync error, only to find that every time I searched for a note and clicked on it, it would end up as "Untitled."

What a disaster of an update. After work, I'll install the update. Fingers crossed.

Archived