Livescribe/Evernote - Unable to tag Livescribe notes after Evernote 6.0 (Mac) update

TReyn

The recent Evernote update (Mac 6.0) took away the ability to tag notes generated by Livescribe pens.

In the past, we were able to tag Livescribe notes, but not edit them directly. Now with the update, no tags will stick and it says that "This note was created in another application. To edit this note, open it in the app where it was created." The problem is that the Livescribe-Evernote partnership means that Evernote is the only way that Livescribe Sky users can access the content on our pens. There is no other software for Sky users. 

I contacted Livescribe about the problem and received the following response: "Unfortunately, you will need to contact Evernote support to fix this issue: https://evernote.com/contact/support/ " 

Has anyone else encountered this and found a workaround? 

Thanks,

Tad

UPDATE: 6.0.1 has the same problem where you cannot add tags directly to Livescribe notes. However, there are two workarounds. 

1. Edit the tags in the web version of Evernote, not the desktop version.

2. On the desktop software, select more than one note at a time and then make the tag edit to the notes simultaneously. Then it sticks.

• 1 month later...

The Evernote team got back to me on December 1st 2014 to say that this is a known issue and they are looking into it. That was more than a month ago though and the current version 6.0.5 still has the problem. 

The best work around for now is to create a second blank note, select it, and then multi select the actual note whose tags you want to change. You can edit the tags if both are selected. One you are done with the tags, you can delete the blank note. It's tedious, but will work until they get around to fixing this. 

Problem is still there in 6.0.5

Most annoying as it was a simple way to index the Livescribe notes

Not sure why it has suddenly changed. The Note now appears to be locked.

Is there a way to unlock it?

• 5 weeks later...

Version 6.06 just came out and they still haven't addressed the issue with tagging LiveScribe notes. I flagged this to them in November 2014 and they haven't done anything about it yet (Feb 2015), despite recognizing that the problem persists. 

I wonder why Livescribe isn't pushing harder on this from their end too. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have both a Livescribe WiFi Sky and a Livescribe3. To me, the Livescribe+ app isn't convenient. I never have to worry about losing pages written with WiFi Sky if I forget to back them up.. Problem - organization. I try to use separate notebooks by subject but I am a creative writer and ideas don't flow in such an organized manner. Tagging notes afterward in Evernote takes too much time.

Is there some way to add a tag while writing on a journal page so all pages with that tage will be together in evernote? I thought of using a word not in the dictionary and creating an Evernote search using that word but I'm hoping someone knows of a better solution.

What a shame that Evernote doesn't allow us to set up rules for automatic organizing the way mail programs do. Once people get tens of thousands of pages into Evernote, organization can become a full time job. Thanks (I hope)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have read about the new Livescribe 3 and the package with Moleskine Evernote journal.

Is there any news about sync/organization problems on this topic ? 

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have read about the new Livescribe 3 and the package with Moleskine Evernote journal.

Is there any news about sync/organization problems on this topic ? 

no, still not fixed in 6.0.11

Also another work around is to tag using the windows client either on a windows device or use parallels in coherence mode. Its is only the mac os that has this issue so i only use the mac version to check each new release to see if they have fixed it yet. This usually results in a sigh   and then i go back to running it in windows. 

Archived