6.0 Update Yosemite, Notes Renaming to Untitled

ybakos

Idea

This has been reported in the bug reporter.

Version 6.0 (451092 App Store), Yosemite 10.10.1.

When updating the content of a note, the note's title is mysteriously changed to "Untitled Note."

Updating the title after this phenomena, then syncing, results in the note being titled, again, "Untitled Note."

Furthermore, this morning I notice that the last updated time of the note was some strange hour in the middle of the night, and none of my machines, EN clients were on to conduct any kind of modification or sync, and this is not a shared note.

PS. I was trying to take a video of this behavior but I can't because now note content doesn't even appear in the UI any more.

EN 6 is messing with my emotions in every way - right now, it's basically unusable on my laptop. Thank goodness I have the old version on my main desktop.

2 replies to this idea

Hey guys & gals - if you had backups for your Evernote on Revert, we've written a detailed how-to for restoring your Evernote to its former glory: How I fixed my Evernote. This bug really shows the value of backups, as it affected our co-founder too!

If you don't have backups running yet, now's a great time to start. It's free! https://revert.io Also happy for any feedback or questions.

Archived