Help: Evernote Crashing on menu command "Move to Notebook"

Robert David

Idea

Hi all,

Seasoned evernote user and I'm having major troubles with Evernote on my Mac. I use an older mac laptop runing Mac OS X Lion.

I have hundreds of notes to process and desperately need to organize the notes into notebooks. Everytime I uset the "move to notebook" menu command and start typeing a notebook name in the search, Evernote hangs/crashes.

Details:

Macbook Pro 13"

Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5 (supported by evernote version below)

Evernote  6.0.1

I am in need of a solution to organize these hundreds of notes, clicking everything with a mouse is insane for a productivity oriented app.

I'm loosing faith in Evernote and also looking for an alternative.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 replies to this idea

UPDATE: After more testing:

Manual clicking of notbook titles in "Move to notebook" filter pane seems to have no issues.

Often I can use the menu command a couple of times, before it will eventually freeze on an attempt.

Apparently there are no web shortcuts...

UPDATE 2:

It may have to do with the number of results in the filter pane. I can somewhat predictably cause the app to hang by typing certain letters first, letters that have higher occurance in notebook names than others ("n" will cause app to freeze when typed first in the filter pane relatively consitently, while the letter "b" almost never does).

Also rushing the key command sequence seems to increase the probability the app will freeze.

Robert I'm sorry you're seeing this issue but appreciate your help in narrowing it down.  What version are you running?  When you crash are you entering in your email information in the dialog that appear when you start Evernote again.  This is very important so I can find your crash.

Hi all,

Details:

Macbook Pro 13"

Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5 (supported by evernote version below)

Evernote  6.0.1

I don't know what other version information you require. I've submitted probably 2 dozen crash reports this weekend, sometimes I put my email, sometimes I don't.

This is ruining my ability to do my job, literally.

Robert, I reported a very similar issue numerous times on the forums (for example, here), and I pursued the matter with support. I sent crash reports, logs, videos of the crash, etc. Multiple times. Nothing ever came of it, and my support ticket has been idle for probably two months.

Eventually, I gave up and downgraded to 5.5.2. It would have been a better decision, I think, for Evernote to have dropped 10.7 support altogether. I'm not anxious to try version 6, especially after seeing that the problems I reported in betas of 5.6 remain unresolved.

Archived