Evernote does not index PDF and JPG files on my PC

ThomasErik

I have a problem, that Evernote for windows does not index my PDF and JPG files, and they are thus not  searchable. This is really annoying, as I rely on EN as my archive.

The files are indexed on Evernote Web, though.

I have been in contact with Evernote Tech Service, however, they have not been able to solve the issue during two weeks of mailing back and forth. Event the newest update bringing improved synchronisation, coming out this weekend, has not helped.

So, I now rely on all you bright guys out there, to suggest what could be the cause and even better, the solution.

/ Thomas

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hi - sorry for the long silence on this; hope you may have found a fix in the meantime.  If not,  how many notes do you have?  How big is the largest PDF file?  And do you have any Local Notebooks (notebooks that are designed not to sync with Evernote's servers?)

Hi - well, no fix. Other than that Evernote Tech Service has admitted faults in the program.

As to your questions; I have about 13.000 notes, the largest PDF-file is about 10 MB. And no local notebooks.

I take it that the deep silence surrounding my question - only one comment - indicates that not many have the same problem.

Best, Thomas

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Well,  things were pretty busy around here with EN Mac 6.0 not going so well,  which was why your post languished a bit.  And there was the Holidays,  and New Year...  I'd give it a while before you start feeling too special :).  I have more notes than you and a range of PDFs from one-pagers to a couple of 400+ page manuals,  but I honestly couldn't say whether a search finds all the hits it should..  though at least it finds some.

I assume Support has taken you through all the uninstall / reinstall stuff,  so I guess all we can do is wait and see if there's a fix out there somewhere...

Archived