How Can I disable chat /roll back to the prior version ?

I'm sorry to be a party pooper, I've been using Evernote for years and have no interest in or need in any chat.   Sharing works fine for me for business as is.

I don't have a problem with developers constantly inventing and adding new features as long as they are relatively invisible.

What I don't appreciate is new features being foisted on the customer and given prime real estate all over the interface. I also think drastic changes to the interface are not conducive to keeping your early customers.  The note book nav is now pushed to the bottom ?  And what happened to the normal Evernote layout ?   Ugh.

Can someone please direct me how to roll back to prior evernote version  ?

Thanks,

• Level 5*

A google search should provide you with some sources for prior Evernote versions - you haven't mentioned what you're actually using at the moment which leaves the field rather open.  Rolling back to a previous version is fine in the short term,  but an older edition of the software will be missing bug fixes and you may find compatibility and sync problems in your future.  It may be more effective to simply ignore the features you don't require,  and customise toolbars (where that's possible) to hide the icons...

True -Nightstalker - 1st thing I tried was right click or view tool bar to customize.    

Gazumped, thanks for your reply   I am running 6.01 on the mac.  

I looked but didn't  see any way of customizing the toolbar.    I've been doing updates since the beginning,  -- this one feels different and the color scheme seems to have been randomly (to me) changed and all contrast seems to be gone between the sections.   Anyway lesson learned,  no more software updates for me. I have lost some confidence in the Evernote roadmap and the experience has taken a step backwards for me personally.  I'm happy to see  it has grown into a big huge enterprise now and people are making money hand over fist, but that usually leads to more and more people developing and tweaking the product - and thats not always good - at least in my experience.    I think its time for me to look around elsewhere again.   Funny thing, years ago I came to Evernote from Yojimbo -  I just looked over there and was so relieved to see it still looks the same - maybe I'll take a little spin and see what not being a billion dollar company feels like.     

Curious if I am a lone in my opinion of this update...  

Yeah frankly what a pile of junk this version is in terms of user interface.

I use a Mac forvarious reasonsone of which is my eyesight. The high contrast style (Windows 7 style) of user interface makes Evernote very difficult to use.

Seriously you should not go breaking stuff for the sake of itespecially if you don't give the user a chance to alter such settings.

I think we need an answer from Evernote on this.

• Level 5*

I think we need an answer from Evernote on this.

There's actually a fair amount of Evernote feedback on the new Mac version here in the forums. Look for posts by Jackolicious and SoftwareMarcus.

If Evernote has a business version for business users, why are they turning the regular premium version into an enterprise platform ?  All the enhancements (chat, white background) are for business enterprise users, but I thought there already is a business Evernote.   Why don't  they make the enterprise enhancements to the business side and leave the rest of us alone ?

That's half the problem, Gaz - those using Macs CAN'T customize the toolbars! Despite configurable toolbars being a de facto Mac OS standard.

I desperately wish we could - with all the icons and things to click that've accumulated at the top of the notes now, I can literally only see one tag out of the many that may exist. Not so helpful. (And the glaring no-contrast-anywhere white is migraine-triggering and godawfully ugly on Mountain Lion.)

• 2 weeks later...

I am with you on this chris t.  I don't need another program that has chat in it.  I already have skype, google chat, facebook and various others.  I am glad that they are trying to integrate collaboration and make it a premium version.  However, I don't need people I know trying to connect with me through Evernote.

Aren't there enough programs with chat already???

Regardless if I think it should be in there or not, I think I should be able to at least disable it.  At least in Google and all the other chat programs I can log off the chat feature and still use the regular platform.

Archived