Removing Evernote Helper

I have Evernote on my iMac and iPads, though I rarely use them. In the Activity Monitor I saw the Evernote Helper on my iMac, so I opened up the app and turned it off, however it's still there every time I restart my computer. I'd prefer not deleting Evernote from my computer, so is there a way to prevent the helper from starting? Evernote is not a startup item, is seldom used, and I have no idea why it should start after de-selecting the the box in Evernote preferences. 

Any suggestions? 

Does Evernote Helper occupy a large quantity of your computer's resources?

It's never concerned me, so I haven't looked into it, but I would imagine that disabling the menubar stuff and removing Evernote helper from login items, that it should prevent the Evernote Helper process from launching when Evernote is not running. However, I don't exactly know the function of Evernote Helper well enough to know whether these actions would actually help. 

Does Evernote Helper occupy a large quantity of your computer's resources?

It's never concerned me, so I haven't looked into it, but I would imagine that disabling the menubar stuff and removing Evernote helper from login items, that it should prevent the Evernote Helper process from launching when Evernote is not running. However, I don't exactly know the function of Evernote Helper well enough to know whether these actions would actually help. 

I have disabled it and it's not in the startup, but every time I restart my computer there it is again in my activity monitor. It doesn't take up a lot of memory. I simply resent that Evernote doesn't give me the choice to have it run or not. It feels like a privacy violation. 

Hmmm yeah it might just be something you can't avoid unfortunately.

As for privacy, I don't know anything about how the helper works, but plenty of apps have non-optional helpers, and its not self-evident that they compromise privacy... But I'm sure each helper does something different and im not sure what the purpose of Evernote's is to really know whether privacy is an issue in his specific case or not.

Archived