Plz add the feature of changing theme or skin!

Kelsi_Jiang

Idea

16 replies to this idea

I saw in the archived thread on skins that people defended the lack of skins on the basis that it was justifiable to work on functionality rather than "bling", as someone put it.

The present iteration of evernote on mac is very hard on the eyes and a sea of grey.

I am sure that either skins or a more sympathetic UI wold enhance functionality.

PLEAAAAAASE!!!!!!

The Evernote skin is such an eyesore that I've tried to move over to several other platforms such as OneNote etc. I keep coming back to Evernote, but please I beg you let us change the skin - or just give us a clean white theme - please lose the black and grey

Wow, I just got an alert for this forum.  Forgot that I was in it from three years ago, LOL.  I have long-since moved from Evernote to OneNote.  The gray design was challenging, but limiting the number of devices was I think the final push.  OneNote also has seemed to advance quickly and consistently to where I had hoped Evernote would have headed.  

I'm judging user interest not by the votes on one post, but on multiple discussions here and across the Web.

Not requesting skeuomorphism, but something as simple and basic as different colors for different notebooks.

It's funny, now that you bring it up - my Dropbox is nothing but a list, but my eyes have no problem with that. Maybe I'll like it better. Thanks for the heads-up! Any timeline announced for general release?

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Lola Blue Mae said:

Has EN ever given an explicit explanation as to why such a basic feature isn't offered? It's the same problem for me - my aging eyes have trouble with all the greys. 

Maybe lack of user interest - this request has one vote (voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion)

The only option is a light or dark sidebar

>>And not being able to distinguish one notebook from another at a glance is horse and buggy level design.

Then you’ll probably not like the latest version (beta) where the notebook images have been replaced with a simple list format.  Skeuomorphism is so yesterday

fwiw, you can use emoji in the notebook name; for example   ?Trees

Has EN ever given an explicit explanation as to why such a basic feature isn't offered? It's the same problem for me - my aging eyes have trouble with all the greys. And not being able to distinguish one notebook from another at a glance is horse and buggy level design.

I agree.  I use Evernote daily on my mac, and when I opened it today it actually hurt my eyes.  Not figuratively, but literally.  And since I am not a premium user, I cannot contact support.  It is making it hard to use.  I love Evernote but will not be able to use it like this.

Is there a way to get back to the previous version's "theme"?

One of the benefits of the old (as of a few weeks ago) version with it's "Evernote Green" navigation column was that on a large display cluttered with many windows, it was very easy to pick out the Evernote window with just a mouse click to add something to an open note (such as when researching a topic with lots of open browser windows and coming across a quote or link you'd like to save to a running list without having to go through creating a new note with the web clipper)

With the new light grey / white color scheme, the Evernote window is much less obvious. It used to be that I could see the "Evernote Green" window in my peripheral vision, even if only a sliver was visible, so instinctively knew where to put the mouse to click. It's also harder to differentiate the information on the Evernote window with everything carrying very similar visual weight.

Yes, there's always the "time saving" features of Command/Alt Tab, – in which case you may have to bounce through a number of apps to get back to Evernote – but a single mouse click is as quick as you can get, and over the course of a busy work session, the time waste (and annoyance level) increases.

I get that the move away from skeuomorphism is the latest craze that all the "cool kids" are doing, but if you could allow the option of themes or customization, it would help (or even a simple checkbox in the preferences to let the customer choose to go back to the old look). It's really annoying to have to retrain new habits for a tool that you rely on. It disrupts productivity with this otherwise EXCELLENT application.

Thanks!

Developers, please please add the feature of changing the theme or skin, the new design really hurts my eyes. and I really don't like it at all...

Absolutely!  It's pretty unbearable and it is extremely boring, even.  Sure hope they don't mangle the iOS versions.

Archived