Evernote Website

RichardPepe

I use it on the iPad and the Mac. I don't understand what the web version is for. I try to view a file (video) and it downloads instead of loading. What am I missing and why would I need a web version at all?

Evernote is not available on all platforms, so the Web interface is supposed to cover that gap.

Also, if you're not using your own machine, and you need access to your notes, you don't want to go to the hassle of installing the desktop client. You might not even be able to install it, if you don't have enough privileges on that machine.

The 'Got It' link is crazy - it needs to

1) be larger and

2) be distiguishable from the backgroud.  

I spent 5 minutes trying to get to my notes and finally came to the support forums to try to get some indication as to how to actually start using Evernote Web today.  

I am a regular and premium user and I am not pleased with the fact that I have to deal with this blocking page that does not provide an easily visable and usable way of turning it off and getting to my work.

This is bad web design - something that I do not expect from the Evernote team.

• 3 weeks later...

No matter how many times I've found and clicked the 'Got it!' button, the message ALWAYS returns the next time I log in.

I raised a support ticket about this (I'm a Premium customer) and their support staff are utterly clueless about this screen.

I typically need to make quick notes and this useless feature and pop-up is just too much of an annoyance and interruption to my workflow. It's become so much of any issue for me that now I'm seeking alternative solutions from Evernote and boy am I glad I did - there are SO many more suitable options and for free too!

Good bye Evernote!!

Hello!

It's become so much of any issue for me that now I'm seeking alternative solutions from Evernote and boy am I glad I did - there are SO many more suitable options and for free too!

Which alternatives did you find?

I did a look around, and found the most promising alternatives OneNote and Quip! But both lacked the possibility to georefence my notes. 

For me it is very important to add gps coordinates to my notes. I did a conversion script to convert evernotes export format to kml for import in google earth.

I also want to access my notes on Linux, Windows and Android, so multiplatform is very important for me!

And Tags are realy very important too for me.

So, at all, I didn't find any working alternative to evernote at the moment. 

Bye

Marcus

PS: Bye the way: Is it only me, or is the new evernote web interface a bit like Quip?

Archived