tag list auto-cleaning suggestion

May I suggest to add a function that cleans the tag list from all tags having zero associated note ? (created by mis-spelling, never used, plural/singular duplicatas, etc)

thanks in adcvance

best regards

LG

• Level 5*

I think all those users who carefully set up a notebook and tags system that is ready for use,  but not yet completely filled with data would be a tad upset if their structure kept on disappearing...  and Evernote have a policy not to mess with your saved data.  Don't think this is a viable suggestion.

It is relatively easy to spot and delete unused tags,  and (don't tell anyone) there's the secret Ctrl+Help (Windows) option 'Delete Unused Account Tags' which may do the job in one hit.  Haven't tried it out though...

I think all those users who carefully set up a notebook and tags system that is ready for use,  but not yet completely filled with data would be a tad upset if their structure kept on disappearing...  and Evernote have a policy not to mess with your saved data.  Don't think this is a viable suggestion.

It is relatively easy to spot and delete unused tags,  and (don't tell anyone) there's the secret Ctrl+Help (Windows) option 'Delete Unused Account Tags' which may do the job in one hit.  Haven't tried it out though...

Great ! learned something new today :-)  Thanks !

LG

Archived