Can't view and edit my notes in Evernote 6.0 on Mac OSX 10.8.5

atuljain70

Idea

I just upgarded to Evernote 6.0 on my Mac OSX 10.8.5. It showed a progress bar "migrating" or something like that. After that it opened Evernote UI. I can see all my notebooks and notes.

1. But, when I double click on a note, I see an blank window. I am not able to see the content of the notes. Also, it does not allow me to type anything in the note.

2. If I create a new note, it does not allow me to type anything.

Am I missing something here or is Evernote has messed up things with this release?

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5
Here are my recommendations dealing with this problem:

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.

3. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine).

4. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!

5. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.

6. Good Luck!

I had the same problem -- all my notes showing up empty.  Having read other threads in this forum I rebooted my Mac (Max OSX 10.9.5 Evernote 6.0 AppStore) and everything's working fine.  In fact, faster than the previous version.  Phew!

Was astonished to come upon this problem.  Already running update 6.0.3.  No access to any of my note contents (to input or review) in Evernote ONLY ON MY MAC.  Did the typical technical repair response:  faced West (towards developers, with head bowed), signed out of Evernote, closed all apps, shut down down Mac cold, powered back up, brought Evernote back up, signed in and ... voila, I can see the contents again.  It's FM.

Archived