Lost all my files after few years of inactivity

I have older evernote account, I created this account in 2009, and I put lots of notes and useful information in this accounts. Now, after few years of inactivity, I logged in to this account. All my notes, files, picture are gone. In fact nothing was there. It seems, after few years of inactivity, Evernotes, just erases all your files. 

This is very concerning, since I am afraid to create lots of files and the same thing would happen again. This is regrading the free Evernote.

Does this happen to anyone to lose all their files after some period of inactivity?

What is the solution or can I ever get back my files?

Since I do not have paying account I cannot even talk to anyone in Evernote to see if they can restore those files if they have it.

This is very disappointing and I am very frustrated why my files are removed?

Please help, any suggestions...

Thank you all.  Your help is greatly appreciated. 

• Level 5*

This is definitely NOT the policy of Evernote.  Many times they have made the point that info you put into Evernote is yours, forever.

So there must be some technical error, or account error, that is causing this.

I suggest that you Submit an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "Data Lost:  " to make it clear.  Reporting this type of issue should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

EDIT:

You don't state what platform (PC/Mac) you're using.  But you might want to go to Evernote.com and sign in to the EN Web client (do NOT use the Beta version).  This should show you all Notes that have been sync'd with the Evernote Cloud Service.

Archived