Evernote does not know meaning of Unsubscribe

Essential account-related information likely refers to things like:

1) notification if there is suspicious login attempts

2) Notification of a third party application being approved to access your Evernote account (e.g., allowing Pocket to send articles to Evernote)

3) An email associated with you requesting a password reset

4) billing or subscription information

5) security related concerns (like the forced password reset a couple years ago, and the forum issues earlier this year).

Those are likely emails that most users would actually like to receive... Not receiving them could either prevent you from getting information you have specifically requested (e.g., password resets), compromise your account's security, or cause an interruption in your premium subscription or whatever. 

I think they mean if they can't bill your payment method properly, or if they get hacked on a system-level expect an email. The marketing stuff goes away.

How else would you want to be contacted if you need to change your password because of a leak? A phone call at dinnertime?  ;)

No that is not right. I un subscribed last week and I got an email TODAY 20th November:

Subject: Evernote Tip 5 of 5: How to find anything

Date: 20/11/2014 14:31:27 GMT

This is an email with tips pictures and tips on finding things. It has nothing to do with password change or billing information as have not subscribed to anything.

Unable to past here is *****. Scott...

States "Those are likely emails that most users would like to receive ...

If I am not intrested in any of this because I have unsubscribed. Why would I STILL want to receive this *****.

Macfixer "How else would you want to be contacted ...... A phone call at dinnertime. I DONT WANT THE EVERNOTE ***** IF THEY WANTTO PHONE ME AT DINNER TIME  I WILL TELL THEM TO PISS OFF. 

I agree, that sounds exactly like the kind of email you unsubscribed from! That isn't right. 

I suspect either:

- The unsubscribe didn't work for some reason

- The unsubscribe did work but this email still got sent in error

- You actually have multiple Evernote accounts (which would be attached to as many email addresses), and you only unsubscribed one of those accounts, so the other is still receiving marketing emails. 

That being said, the wording in what you originally posted about "You will continue to receive essential account-related information" seems sensible as these would, by and large be billing or security related communications. Obviously the email you received today doesn't fall into that category. 

Staff do read these boards so they may come across this post and reach out to you. You could also submit a support ticket. 

Scott...

States "Those are likely emails that most users would like to receive ...

If I am not intrested in any of this because I have unsubscribed. Why would I STILL want to receive this *****.

You have to understand that you didn't provide all of the information in your initial post. As such, I was not aware at the time of my posting that you had received the "tips" email. 

I never intended my "Those are likely emails that most users would like to receive" comment to include "tips" emails.

No that is not right. I un subscribed last week and I got an email TODAY 20th November:

Subject: Evernote Tip 5 of 5: How to find anything

Date: 20/11/2014 14:31:27 GMT

Macfixer "How else would you want to be contacted ...... A phone call at dinnertime. I DONT WANT THE EVERNOTE ***** IF THEY WANTTO PHONE ME AT DINNER TIME  I WILL TELL THEM TO PISS OFF. 

Breathe. Relax. It's email, keep that in mind. This isn't life or death here.

Have you put in a ticket with tech support re: the email?

IF don't want evenote in my life ever again. I don't want to use it. I am wishing I never heard of it. I can un-subscribe to all emails. Why cant I un-subscribe to evernote forever. I never use it. What part of not wanting to have anything to do with evernote means I will still receive emails as an ex user of evernote.

The comment that I have multiple accounts emails "You actually have multiple evernote accounts. NO SCOTT I DON'T.  If I unsubscribe from an email, I still receive emails to the same email address. That means I have multiple identical email address's

If you actually "don't want evernote in my life ever again", then you should disable your account or even request deletion. That way there won't even be an account to receive security notices about!

Some related forum posts:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/4228-how-to-delete-account/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/5529-delete-my-evernote-account/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25055-delete-evernote-account/

Your best course of action is to delete all your evernote content yourself (to ensure that it is gone gone gone), and then contact support to have your account deleted. 

Done done done. 

The comment that I have multiple accounts emails "You actually have multiple evernote accounts. NO SCOTT I DON'T.  If I unsubscribe from an email, I still receive emails to the same email address. That means I have multiple identical email address's

I never said that you definitely had multiple email accounts. I was speculating that this might be the cause, given the small amount of information we have based on your posts here. It is not totally unreasonable to assume someone has multiple accounts, either by accident or on purpose. If this were the case, then the possibility of unsubscribing from one and not the other is rather realistic. Since that is not the case with you, you can disregard my suggestion and move along, rather than yell at me about it. I was not accusing you of something, or blaming you. Just offering suggestions. 

Please don't yell and show some respect to the people that are trying to offer you help. 

Archived