Why is my comment still awaiting moderation?

Would be interesting to discover why certain comments go through immediately and others need to await moderation. If I recall correctly, right in the beginning, with my first comment, I had to await moderation too. Now my comments go through right away. I think they have to sort of give your profile the green lights in their system, however that works. Let's wait and see...

Still nothing. However, I got a reply from support: they had overwhelming response to the blog post and they're working "as quickly as possible to review comments".

Some calculation: at this moment, there are 49 approved comments, 3932 words (as measured by evernote). 

Average reading speed is 200 words/minute.

Which means that it took as much as 20 minutes to read and approve these comments. 

Well, I'm sure Evernote and a few other people have seen your comment here in the forum. I imagine it is more for Evernote users than Evernote employees themselves. You made some very valid points that many others made too. We're all in the same boat. You have your own dedicated thread to let everyone know about your comment. I think the Penultimate thing is old news, especially since they came out with a detailed blog post addressing the issues... including a public apology (which you do not accept). Why do you think it necessary to keep us informed of your comment's status - when you have in fact showcased it right here? Should all others whose comments are still awaiting moderation create their own thread here and beat that drum too?

Well, I'm sure Evernote and a few other people have seen your comment here in the forum. I imagine it is more for Evernote users than Evernote employees themselves. You made some very valid points that many others made too. We're all in the same boat. You have your own dedicated thread to let everyone know about your comment. I think the Penultimate thing is old news, especially since they came out with a detailed blog post addressing the issues... including a public apology (which you do not accept). Why do you think it necessary to keep us informed of your comment's status - when you have in fact showcased it right here? Should all others whose comments are still awaiting moderation create their own thread here and beat that drum too?

Because I spent my time writing this comment, and I want to understand, WHY it is still not there, what's going on. 

I have the right to know if next time it's worth to write another comment or it is a complete waste of time.

Therefore I'm going to keep this thread alive, until my comment appears, or I get an official explanation and excuses. 

The first thing that springs to mind is "damage control". Which I can understand. I've had comments which never saw the light of day - given their nature - and the reason was apparent to me. You are right in pointing out the part about data loss. That's a sore point (for them) which I think they have brushed off all too easily. That's the part of the apology which was not forthcoming... but what company is ever going to openly admit to that? You're absolutely right to be highly peeved in that respect. 

Maybe that explains where my post from four days ago is, complaining about them.   They aren't going to like what I have to post today - and the one four days ago was far politer.

It is what I just submitted in a new ticket, because they have yet to submit to EITHER ticket I submitted four days ago.    Now I'm off to complain to the Better Business Bureau, and submit suitable reviews all over the Internet - bleeps.

This is my SECOND TICKET in FOUR DAYS.  You NEVER RESPONDED OT MY FIRST ONE, and your page STILL WON"T TAKE MY CARD, that it has ALWAYS TAKEN BEFORE.

Did you not SEE where I said on your forum that if this problem was NOT straightened out by Monday I would be making suitable reviews of Evernote all over the WEb?    I have loved Evernote, but it is obviously USELESS if nobody can pay for it!    If you had ANY intention of even READING MY SUPPORT TICKET, I would have heard from you by now.   So.   If if four days you couldn'te even respond to a support ticket, you aren't going to respond, because you don't GIVE A BLEEP, so I"m off to give you your well deserved reviews.   
  • Level 5

villandra - this is a user forum. The participants are users just like you.

We could alert Evernote, but there is not much we can do, unless you post your support ticket #.

Maybe that explains where my post from four days ago is, complaining about them.   They aren't going to like what I have to post today - and the one four days ago was far politer.

It is what I just submitted in a new ticket, because they have yet to submit to EITHER ticket I submitted four days ago.    Now I'm off to complain to the Better Business Bureau, and submit suitable reviews all over the Internet - bleeps.

This is my SECOND TICKET in FOUR DAYS.  You NEVER RESPONDED OT MY FIRST ONE, and your page STILL WON"T TAKE MY CARD, that it has ALWAYS TAKEN BEFORE.

Did you not SEE where I said on your forum that if this problem was NOT straightened out by Monday I would be making suitable reviews of Evernote all over the WEb?    I have loved Evernote, but it is obviously USELESS if nobody can pay for it!    If you had ANY intention of even READING MY SUPPORT TICKET, I would have heard from you by now.   So.   If if four days you couldn'te even respond to a support ticket, you aren't going to respond, because you don't GIVE A BLEEP, so I"m off to give you your well deserved reviews.   

That's quite a threat, considering that it is not easy for any free users to get in touch with Evernote these days. Don't you think a 4-day ultimatum is kind of harsh/ optimistic? Especially at this time of the year/ November. Also, I don't think you can take it to mean that Evernote doesn't give a bleep because they did not respond to your complaint on this forum. This is a predominantly user-run forum, comprising mostly volunteer Evernote users who put in a great deal of time and effort to help others. It's not pleasant to see embellished rants like this. Perhaps you should see what rights you really do have with the BBB and evaluate your situation before you expend a whole lot more energy than may be reasonable, given that you say a payment did not go through. Evernote does not have your money. No scam to see here people... move along. 

Here's a little excerpt from Wikipedia:

Although it has "bureau" in its name, the Better Business Bureau is not affiliated with any governmental agency. Businesses that affiliate with the BBB and adhere to its standards do so through industry self-regulation.

I'm sure you get that the BBB would not likely help you in this circumstance as a significant recourse. You would do a lot better with reviews left on Facebook and Twitter, especially if you have a sizable reach. 

If my payment doesn't work by Monday, I'll certainly be all over the Internet writing reviews of Evernote and it's payment problems.  

I guess you were too excited to wait until Monday. Must be the Holiday spirit or something.

Incidentally, the difficulty with your Monday ultimatum, is that counting the 26th, you only had Wednesday and Friday as potential business days in the US until then - what with Thanksgiving and all. Also, you're issuing warnings after hours on Wednesday. That brings us down to Black Friday.

I'll chime in here with a reminder that Evernote is only open - ergo responding to anyone - Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 Pacific Standard Time, closed weekends and all stat holidays.

And, as already been stated in another of your posts about this, if you post your latest Support Ticket number, someone will flag it with EN staff on Monday when they are open.

It has been widely acknowledged on this user forum in recent months that free users now only receive tech support for account related issues, which yours IS, and even then free users will be helped only after all Premium and Business users in the Support que have been tended to. Aside from your rants it is not clear what kind of key words you used in both of your Support Tickets that would help any auto-filtering EN has in place to identify that you are trying to purchase a subscription. It's possible that whatever language you used wasn't clear enough to get through the auto filters over to the appropriate department and staff.

The point is that yes, there have been many reports on the forum in recent months from users - both free and paying - that Support has been less than stellar at times since the company has shifted it's focus towards the corporate market. That said, staff have also been more active on the forum and stated that they are working to smooth out the kinks in customer support.

We all understand your frustration and do sympathize, but repeatedly posting rants and threats on different threads will, as Frank has repeatedly pointed out, accomplish nothing (Though they could, I believe, be considered spam.)

Please Villandra, just post your most recent Support Ticket number so someone here can flag it with EN on Monday. Then take a deep breath and wait.

Maybe that explains where my post from four days ago is, complaining about them. They aren't going to like what I have to post today - and the one four days ago was far politer.

It is what I just submitted in a new ticket, because they have yet to submit to EITHER ticket I submitted four days ago. Now I'm off to complain to the Better Business Bureau, and submit suitable reviews all over the Internet - bleeps.

This is my SECOND TICKET in FOUR DAYS. You NEVER RESPONDED OT MY FIRST ONE, and your page STILL WON"T TAKE MY CARD, that it has ALWAYS TAKEN BEFORE.

Did you not SEE where I said on your forum that if this problem was NOT straightened out by Monday I would be making suitable reviews of Evernote all over the WEb? I have loved Evernote, but it is obviously USELESS if nobody can pay for it! If you had ANY intention of even READING MY SUPPORT TICKET, I would have heard from you by now. So. If if four days you couldn'te even respond to a support ticket, you aren't going to respond, because you don't GIVE A BLEEP, so I"m off to give you your well deserved reviews.

• Level 5*

Just for the record, it should not require any user provided keywords to identify the support ticket as an "account issue".

However, the user does need to select "Trouble Logging in or Account Issue" in the dropdown list for reason for the ticket:

EN-Ticket-Help-Type.gif

Archived