Unable to "grasp & pull down" top border of note

Unable to "grasp & pull down" top border of note, it will become obvious by viewing the screenshot below.

The top border does not "activate my cursor"
as I slowly pass over it to pull border down to see my notes
& sorting options.

Have tried the 3 other options and they work.
Went back to orig and still not able to pull down border.

I just want to see the last 10 or so notes and the
ability to sort them.

Tried to upload screen shot but this forum will not take a 29.1 kb .jpg. [Error This file was too big to upload"Max single file size: 1.64kb"

"Try our basic uploader"  not working either.

Is this forum even operating?

Please advise.

cheers,

klx

• Level 5

Tried to upload screen shot but this forum will not take a 29.1 kb .jpg. [Error This file was too big to upload"Max single file size: 1.64kb"

"Try our basic uploader"  not working either.

Is this forum even operating?

Please advise.

cheers,

klx

One way: create a note with Evernote, put your screen shot in it, make sure it is synch'd to the Evernote server and share the link to that note here.

The link you posted is a private link. You need a public link. The easiest way to get a public link is to select the note and press cmd-/   

And yes, the forums are working properly, there just isn't really any support for inline attachments, I suspect by design. 

Thanks Scott,

Then it's bad design. I have been on scores of tech fourms in 25 yrs of business on the net and never had this problem.

I found the email link, but where is cmd-/  located. Please tell me how to get there & how it works.
NOTE: Im not giving my login or password to anyone.

I put the screenshot in a note & syncd it. 

Do I have go on the web version, as I hardly use it. 

My notes are on my HD then syncd/stored on the web.  Perfect for my business.

cheers,

klx

• Level 5*

I'm still not sure that I understand completely, but let me take a wild guess:

You're using List View to display your notes and you have pulled the note editor panel up over the note list, so that you can no longer see the individual notes in the list. And now you want to see the notes, but you cannot get a handle to pull the note editor down to expose the notes in the list. This is a problem that has been reported before.

If so, you'll need to edit the registry to workaround this problem:

* Completely shut down Evernote using File / Quit

* Open the registry editor, and locate the Evernote keys, should be "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote".

* Now look for the DWORD value "ListViewHeight". Double click on it, and click on "Decimal". It's probably a small number like 66 or something.

* Change the value to something like 300, and click OK.

* Restart Evernote.

It's recommended not to pull up the note editor over the note list because, well, fixing it is a pain. Also, you can use F11 to show/hide the note, which is much more convenient.

• Level 5

Thanks Scott,

Then it's bad design. I have been on scores of tech fourms in 25 yrs of business on the net and never had this problem.

I found the email link, but where is cmd-/  located. Please tell me how to get there & how it works.

cheers,

klx

You don't need to provide your login or password. What I suggested is one way to provide larger files like screenshots in the forum. There are always other ways like Dropbox or your own webspace if you have any. Because this is an Evernote forum the most obvious solution for this is to use a note in Evernote to do this and provide a public link to this note only. Doing this does not jeopardize your account's security.

This is how you do it:

• Create a note with information you want to share like a screenshot
  • Open the note
  • Select the menu item „create public link“ from the share menu (screen shot, German version)
  • The public link to this note is now in your clipboard
  • Paste the link into the post like I did it with the screen shot

Your account is safe! Only this one note can be accessed!

Thanks Scott,

cheers,

klx

You don't need to provide your login or password. What I suggested is one way to provide larger files like screenshots in the forum. There are always other ways like Dropbox or your own webspace if you have any. Because this is an Evernote forum the most obvious solution for this is to use a note in Evernote to do this and provide a public link to this note only. Doing this does not jeopardize your account's security.

This is how you do it:

• Create a note with information you want to share like a screenshot
  • Open the note
  • Select the menu item „create public link“ from the share menu (screen shot, German version)
  • The public link to this note is now in your clipboard
  • Paste the link into the post like I did it with the screen shot

Your account is safe! Only this one note can be accessed!

Stuhrer, thanks for the info,

Link to image that sayes it all.

https://www.evernote...55-3a944ab7c4c8

cheers,

klxdrt

Sthurer,

Thanks for all your help & effort.  But this is just to kludgy to waste my time on. 

Remove/eliminated problem, downloaded an older version. 

All is A OK as it should be, took only a few minutes.

I prefer the KISS principal as my time is valuable.  And I only use Evenote occasionally, my way & it works very well.

Would have used my Dropbox acct, site was not operating at the time.

cheers,

klx

• Level 5

Sthurer,

Thanks for all your help & effort.  But this is just to kludgy to waste my time on. 

Remove/eliminated problem, downloaded an older version. 

All is A OK as it should be, took only a few minutes.

I prefer the KISS principal as my time is valuable.  And I only use Evenote occasionally, my way & it works very well.

Would have used my Dropbox acct, site was not operating at the time.

cheers,

klx

You are welcome. Whatever works best for you is the right thing. Saves my time as well :)

Stuhrer

I know what you mean.  I only use forums for kludgy, klunky software especially with now support especially when software company insists on owning my desktop. 

I've been creating simple, clever work arounds since DOS2.0 only to have someone develop a "new great app" in a more kludgy way that I've put together year's before.    

However, I do appreciate your help & others on this form and the other forums also.

Today, every problem no matter who creates is being shoved back to users, customers, taxpayers, citizens.

cheers,

klx

Archived