Penultimate new update disaster

emonteseg

I got a JOT Script and when I wanted to test it, I discovered that my Ipad Air has updated to the new version of Penultimate. certainly the problem was not in the electronic pen, because similar problems occur with Bamboo. This version is a great disaster, rolling paper instead of pages, problems of sensitivity to scroll the pages, failing during writing. The past version was very good compared to this disaster. If you go to the Applestore Apps Penultimate you can see that most opinions are unfavourable and ask to Evernote to solve the problem. I have tried with Bamboo Paper App and it works perfect.

I had selected penultimate from many alternative apps, because it fitted the way I work. All of a sudden I get something with the new version which doesn't fit in at all. Have you at evernote not understood the basic app principles?

I got a JOT Script and when I wanted to test it, I discovered that my Ipad Air has updated to the new version of Penultimate. certainly the problem was not in the electronic pen, because similar problems occur with Bamboo. This version is a great disaster, rolling paper instead of pages, problems of sensitivity to scroll the pages, failing during writing. The past version was very good compared to this disaster. If you go to the Applestore Apps Penultimate you can see that most opinions are unfavourable and ask to Evernote to solve the problem. I have tried with Bamboo Paper App and it works perfect.

same problem, just wasted money on a new JOTPRO Stylus and it worked perfectly before this upgrade, it now created dots in my  text. Please go back to the previous version or I am looking for a new APP. It was not broken and now I have years or notes that will have to move to another app. what a disaster upgrade. Penultimate came highly recommended and it was true to its word but I cannot say the same for this upgrade.

Your new update is very difficult to use. Some quick examples:

a) Search pages: you used to be able to see small thumbnails of all the pages in a book so you could quickly flip thru and find what you wanted, but I can't figure out how to do this

B) Search pages: how do you search for text within a specific notebook only?

c) Navigate: if you're in the middle of a notebook how do you quickly get to the end to start writing new notes?

d) Cut & Move: is the feature still available?  This was a huge benefit!

I hope these features are still here and I'm just not seeing how to execute.  If not, when designing your next version please take a more 'human centered' approach that focuses more on the needs of the user and less on design aesthetics.

I've held off on commenting on my initial reaction to this update to ensure I was giving it a fair shake. As of today, I will not be taking any more hand written notes using penultimate as I spend more time erasing marks made by my hand than I do writing text. The page is also constantly zooming or moving, making it impossible to focus on what I'm writing. These issues were not present with the previous version. I also think the switch to scrolling pages is a mess. The page break isn't always apparent and sometime my text is split between two pages. I have also not been able to figure out how to add a page before pages already in my note (Big disappointment!). I guess in the meantime, I will go back to my previous note taking tool and pull those files into my EN library until you fix this. #DisappointedEvernoteFan

Hi faztrainer,

I have moved to BAMBOO paper and it works fine, without the problems of the new upgrade of penultimate and you can save notes in evernote and dropbox and others. If you have saved your previous penultimate notes in evernote, no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi faztrainer,

I have moved to BAMBOO paper and it works fine, without the problems of the new upgrade of penultimate and you can save notes in evernote and dropbox and others. If you have saved your previous penultimate notes in evernote, no problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. Going to give it a try. Tired of waiting around for EN to get their act together.

I hate it this new upgrade!!!
Iwas in a business meeting and the app crashed several times. Sometimes it just deleted whole pages I just wrote down, with pictures in them! This were very important notes I took. And the pictures were from my colleagues' screen, while they were explaining some very important stuff! so I was unable to retake these.

• It crashed when I wanted to take a picture
  • It deleted pages when I scrolled down to add a new page
  • It deleted images when I zoomed in to write.
  • I ALWAYS have to zoom in twice before he does it
  • it crashed when I flipped my ipad

Long story short --> I hate it and I lost my fate in this app that i loved so much!

Archived