Love Evernote - Hate their support.

I couldn't get into Evernote - forgot my password.  I tried having the verification code sent to the phone numbers I provided - they never came through.  I tried submitting a ticket through their website - it wouldn't "send" it.  The live "chat" button is always grayed out.   Did find a phone number that seemed to connect me to their California office, but was only able to leave a voice mail.    I finally, after two days, found the Back-up codes that I'd printed out - which did get me back in.   

Going to have to think about re-upping my subscription.  :(

I couldn't get into Evernote - forgot my password.  I tried having the verification code sent to the phone numbers I provided - they never came through.  I tried submitting a ticket through their website - it wouldn't "send" it.  The live "chat" button is always grayed out.   Did find a phone number that seemed to connect me to their California office, but was only able to leave a voice mail.    I finally, after two days, found the Back-up codes that I'd printed out - which did get me back in.   

Going to have to think about re-upping my subscription.   :(

I can't imaging not having access to my Evernote account on any platform. That would be disconcerting. 

The advantage of "re-upping" your subscription is that the chat button would not be "grayed out". It's a premium feature. If I'm not mistaken, in addition, a Free user can no longer submit a ticket. Basically no support for Free users. Perhaps that explains most of your difficulty... and would be one reason to upgrade to a premium account (if you're saying that you don't have Premium/ it has expired)

Also, neither Premium nor Free users are able to call Evernote directly. 

From what I have seen here in the forums, people who have posted on similar such urgent situations have gotten their cases expedited or bumped up in the queue. In that sense, the forums, on occasion, have been a recourse. 

That raises a question... since there is no support for Free users - how does one find a solution on the forums here in such a case? Does Evernote put them directly in contact with someone and bypass the whole ticket thing?

• Level 5*

The advantage of "re-upping" your subscription is that the chat button would not be "grayed out". It's a premium feature. If I'm not mistaken, in addition, a Free user can no longer submit a ticket. Basically no support for Free users. Perhaps that explains most of your difficulty... and would be one reason to upgrade to a premium account (if you're saying that you don't have Premium/ it has expired)

Free users *can* submit support requests, albeit with some restrictions. From the forum post Best practices for submitting a support ticket:

IMPORTANT FOR FREE USERS: Going forward, we are focusing on self-support for free users. In the future, this is what support free users should be able to expect: 

• Continually improving Community, guide, and self-help (knowledge base) resources
  • Support from our agents for login/account access issues
  • Support from our agents for payment issues
  • Ability to report bugs to our developers (although we will only reply if more information is needed to identify the bug)

I'd call this an account access issue. LouieD ought to be able to submit a support request.

The problem is I am a premium subscriber.  Evernote would send me a password reset, which I would do and then, because I had the two step verification set up, the verification would not come to either of the phones.  I was completely locked out.   

Trying to submit though the support page - I tried every browser as well as a mac and a pc.  It would never go through - just the spinning circle.  Chat box was always grayed out.  

I'm happy I kept the 4 one-times backup codes.  I have since removed the extra verification step and everything is working as it should.  

Archived