Please help. I cannot create a task list.

I would like to create a task list or check boxes for my lists. The Evernote web site help (https://evernote.com/introduction/checklists-reminders) offers a video where in the video the user clicks on a check box icon in the formatting bar.  

I do not have this icon in my formatting bar.  The only icons I have are: Font, Size, Font color, Bold, Italics, Underline,other (text format, no checkbox), right intent, left indent, left|right|center justify, numbered list, reminder, popout, and trash.  

Attached is a screenshot of my formatting bar. As you can see there is no checkbox icon. :(

post-235419-0-02496000-1416245060_thumb.

Does anyone know how to make the checkbox or checklist item appear?  

Please help. This is on Windows 7 32bit with Chrome, latest. 

• Level 5*

This in the web client?

You need to widen your editing window (and hence the editing toolbar). The checkbox icon is off to the right of the numbered list icon (the three icons that you see on the end: Reminder, Open in new Window, Trash) are all right-aligned, so they'll move out of the way.

• Level 5*

Yes, it works in Chrome, which is what I'm using.

You could try List View (note list is above the current note): View Options / List (it's at the bottom of the note list)

Or use the little arrow to the left of "View Options" to hide the left panel; that should expand your note editing window.

Or right click on a note in your note list and select "Open note in a separate window"

Yes, it works in Chrome, which is what I'm using.

You could try List View (note list is above the current note): View Options / List (it's at the bottom of the note list)

Or use the little arrow to the left of "View Options" to hide the left panel; that should expand your note editing window.

Or right click on a note in your note list and select "Open note in a separate window"

I also am using Chome and cannot extend as you suggest.  I cannot even find View Options.  Or how to select list view.  I think I am at the wrong level;  I am looking at a particular NOTE when I try what you suggest.  I see no way to add checkboxes at all from my computer;  no problem when using android phone or tablet.

Also, how can I see what version of Evernote I am using.  I donot know if I am using the new Beta.

Thanks, Richard

• Level 5*

You are using the standard web client release. Do you have three panels showing? From left to right should be a panel with Shortcuts, Notebooks, Tags, a center panel with your note list, and the right panel with your current note. This last panel, the note panel is not wide enough to show the checkbox icon.

To widen it: At the bottom of the center panel, look for text that says "View Options"; there's a little arrow to the left of that, try clicking it; the left panel should disappear, and the note panel should widen.

Failing that, you could try adjusting your browser zoom using Ctrl+- (hold down the Ctrl key and press Minus key). That will shrink your Evernote web page and give you more room for your editing tools.

Archived