Can we please get math notations already?

cbartlett

Alright,

So far, i've been using Evernote for a relatively short time. I used it regularly to take notes, and look back on my notes. However, One thing is making this task so much harder...

I can't type out equations easily. At all...

This is a feature that is really starting to bug me. So far, the easiest method seems to be to type it out in LaTeX format, or a format similar, and convert it later. This is starting to become a real pain though. LaTeX support would be ideal to fix this (So you can just do something like \frac{x^2- -33x}{(x-1)^3} ). But really, We just need some subscript and superscript. I appreciate and love the simplicity of Evernote, but in my opinion, subscript and superscript should not be omitted

• 2 months later...

Scientific notation editor would be wonderful addition to the Evernote program. It's not convienient, it's crucial.

Until then the only solution I have is keeping a note titled "Mathematic Equation & Notation Database" with respective tags so I can access them as quickly as possible when needed. I write them out with a notation editor online or in Microsoft Office and then paste them into that note so I can "quickly" copy and paste the desired formating text I need.

ax2+bx+c=0  can quickly become other things by copy and pasting then placing the cursor after the exponent, backspace and writing in any power you need. Best solution as of this moment.

Crazy thing? As I write this in the browser on an Evernote produced website I have a wonderful choice of formating options including subscript and superscript . Not only that I have a small selection of usable conservative fonts, the program has too many to count and are so flamboyant you'd never use them. I have outlining tools here. All sorts of great tools. But not in the actual product. How strange.

Posted · Hidden by charboyd, January 28, 2015 - Forum Code of Conduction violation: Flame War
Hidden by charboyd, January 28, 2015 - Forum Code of Conduction violation: Flame War

Your "point" about the forum editor was answered in the other topic that you posted about it... Short form: this is *not* an "Evernote produced" web site.

You're a mouthy son of a betch. Don't be rude to someone who didn't step all over your toes. Be nasty to a polite person you might get curb stomped and teeth broken out of your ugly face.

What is YOUR point? Other than going out of your way to be a total jerk? I identified with others that there is a problem with Evernote and I tried to offer temporary solutions.

• Level 5*
Posted · Hidden by charboyd, January 28, 2015 - Forum Code of Conduction violation: Flame War
Hidden by charboyd, January 28, 2015 - Forum Code of Conduction violation: Flame War

Your "point" about the forum editor was answered in the other topic that you posted about it... Short form: this is *not* an "Evernote produced" web site.

You're a mouthy son of a betch. Don't be rude to someone who didn't step all over your toes. Be nasty to a polite person you might get curb stomped and teeth broken out of your ugly face.

What is YOUR point? Other than going out of your way to be a total jerk? I identified with others that there is a problem with Evernote and I tried to offer temporary solutions.

Congratulations: reported on your 3rd post. Kindly read the Forum Code of Conduct, and perhaps reconsider your reply. 

For your information, I often go out of my way to help people with their Evernote problems. Making suggestions is fine. In your other post on the subject, I commented first that I thought that having sub/superscript support would be a good thing. Flip side is that the forum editor here has nothing to do with the Evernote client editors, since Evernote neither designed it nor implemented it.

Archived