(Archived) Evernote for Android 1.1B6

Philip Constantinou

Great the new feature to edit notes, but is not working properly.

I can create new text notes in my Android 1.5, but when I try to edit I only can "append text". Furthermore, when I try to see the content of the note in the Android client I just see a few lines of the text. When I access the note in the web or Windows version, all the text is there, but when I come back to the Android client, I only see 2 or 3 lines of text.

Thanks for the effort in the Android development!

I can create new text notes in my Android 1.5, but when I try to edit I only can "append text". Furthermore, when I try to see the content of the note in the Android client I just see a few lines of the text. When I access the note in the web or Windows version, all the text is there, but when I come back to the Android client, I only see 2 or 3 lines of text.

If the note isn't created on the phone, you can't edit it, only append it. If you create the note from the phone, you can edit it.

The application is again gagging after taking a picture note on my Samsung Moment. It happens even with no other programs running. The pictures are present in the Evernote directory on the SDcard, but the program freezes before uploading. If I bring the file up in a file manager (astro), I can then share it to evernote. The note comes up for editing, and when I send it the picture is sent. However, the application then brings up another blank note for editing as if the picture note wasn't sent. Wierd. I think I'm just going to splurge for pixelpipe and give up on taking pictures from within evernote for android.

Thanks for the report. It would be very useful if you could take a look in the logs. Go to the Pending Queue and then, by clicking menu, access the networking logs.

We've seen a few problems with devices having insufficient memory to post large images and we're considering allowing the user to select the image size before taking a picture. It would be great to see if there's any useful diagnostic information available.

If the note isn't created on the phone, you can't edit it, only append it. If you create the note from the phone, you can edit it.

I'm a new Evernote user. Is the inability to edit notes created elsewhere a bug, or is it a feature?

I can take a pic now on Moto Droid, so thats good, thanks for at least fixing this. However, you cannot use the camera button to set focus or zoom, so that sucks.

Also, after the snapshot is taken, it creates a new note and its called Untitled Snapshot but it should be selected so you dont need to delete all the way over this to rename.

Thanks

Eric

I'm a new Evernote user. Is the inability to edit notes created elsewhere a bug, or is it a feature?

Many mobile devices don't support rich text editing. Instead of losing formatting and image resources we simply append. It, eh, a compromise.

As clients get better rich text editing we'll incorporate them. We've done this on the Palm Pre.

Audio recording sounds horrible as well. Lots of static and low volume.

Moto Droid

We've heard about this problem a few other times. Every time we got to the bottom of it, it turned out to be a hardware problem.

Can you try the phone's native voice recorder and see if the problem exists when you're not using Evernote?

Hi, also new to Evernote, but loving it. Yesterday, as I was flying back from Colorado I took snapshots of and noted (and tagged) many things in magazines (which I usually tear and file). I had to work the phone (MyTouch) in airplane mode for obvious reasons, but was shot down when we landed...When I turned on the connectivity and looked at recent notes to upload, only two of the snapshots and notes were there. I confirmed that only two synched to the web! :) Don't know what could have happened, but is there anywhere to look even?

Archived