Script to Import XML file from Google Book Library

I have hundreds of books cataloged in Google Books Library (not Google Play Books). See here: http://goo.gl/P4mJes 

I would like to move this database into Evernote. GBL allows an export into an XML file. I don't, of course, simple want to add the XML as an attachment. Ideally what I'm looking for is a script that would parse the XML file then create a note for each book into a note; including a cover image, and other details.

I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

It would be helpful if you mentioned what operating system you use. A web search on "xml to html converter" turns up a number of hits that include software applications for Windows.

• Level 5*

I found this, though I can't vouch for it. I also don't know how easily any XML --> HTML conversion will go, as arbitrary XML may not have HTML tags. But it's worth looking into, I'd guess. If you do check it out, let us know -- it might be helpful to other users, either way.

• Level 5*

I have hundreds of books cataloged in Google Books Library (not Google Play Books). See here: http://goo.gl/P4mJes 

I would like to move this database into Evernote. GBL allows an export into an XML file. I don't, of course, simple want to add the XML as an attachment. Ideally what I'm looking for is a script that would parse the XML file then create a note for each book into a note; including a cover image, and other details.

I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks.

I curious, why do you want to move your books from GBL to Evernote?  What's the benefit?

The GBL looks pretty cool to me, although I have never used it.  But it is dynamic and growing.

From GBL:

Google Books Library Project – An enhanced card catalog of the world's books

Our ultimate goal is to work with publishers and libraries to create a comprehensive, searchable, virtual card catalog of all books in all languages that helps users discover new books and publishers discover new readers.

The reason I want to move to Evernote is a number of reasons.

1) there hasn't been any development on Google Books Library for years. I suspect they're abondoniong it in favor of Google Play Books.

2) I want the books in EN (one book per note) so I can make comments, add links, and cross reference to other book-notes.

3) I keep a daily journal and it would be nice to copy-note-link from a book that I've read into that day's journal.

Archived