ALL DATA DELETED because of new update

koeselitz

This is just more evidence to me demonstrating clearly that Evernote is evil and doesn't care a bit about the data of its customers.

Until the latest update, Penultimate had an option not to log in to Evernote. Even though I have an Evernote account, I went with this option, because Evernote wanted me to pay money monthly just because I have had large notebooks since before they acquired Penultimate. So I was fine just storing my data inside the app, since - I thought - surely Evernote would never WIPE THE ENTIRE APP WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME.

But that's precisely what this update did. And it's unconscionable. People here are saying they want the all reverted - I doubt that will help me! My data is already destroyed!

Seriously, Evernote clearly doesn't care about data at all. If they did, they would respect us enough at least to notify us before wiping everything. I lost years of notebooks, hundreds of pages because of this idiotic update. I hope Evernote understands the pain they've caused people.

This is just more evidence to me demonstrating clearly that Evernote is evil and doesn't care a bit about the data of its customers.

Until the latest update, Penultimate had an option not to log in to Evernote. Even though I have an Evernote account, I went with this option, because Evernote wanted me to pay money monthly just because I have had large notebooks since before they acquired Penultimate. So I was fine just storing my data inside the app, since - I thought - surely Evernote would never WIPE THE ENTIRE APP WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME.

But that's precisely what this update did. And it's unconscionable. People here are saying they want the all reverted - I doubt that will help me! My data is already destroyed!

Seriously, Evernote clearly doesn't care about data at all. If they did, they would respect us enough at least to notify us before wiping everything. I lost years of notebooks, hundreds of pages because of this idiotic update. I hope Evernote understands the pain they've caused people.

I think evernote has sufficiently indicated they do not care. I've cancelled my evernote premium in outrage at this update. They don't care about customers or quality products, but they might care if their wallets get hurt. I encourage other paying users to quit as well and we might succeed at getting the old app back.

Part of me really wants to cancel my Evernote Premium service -- and even get out of Evernote entirely -- but I have so much stuff in there and make use of offline notes so much that the transition will be painful.

I'm going to give them a few more days. Sigh.

No backups? If not, then indeed, reverting isn't likely going to help. You could try reverting to a previous iCloud backup, assuming Penultimate was set to backup to iCloud (you can choose which app content is or is not backed up). This is a real pain, but it might get your stuff back. 

Archived