Evernote crashes when using keyboard shortcuts to access shortcuts

I have used evernote for years on my MacBook Pro, currently running 10.8.5. Recently, Evernote started crashing at least 90% of the time when I use keyboard shortcuts (eg. command 1) to access my shortcuts, which are all tags. I have always used keyboard shortcuts, so I am assuming that the issue is with the latest version of evernote. I uninstalled and reinstalled evernote and the problem persists.

I can describe the issue in more detail. When I open evernote, the keyboard shortcuts work fine. If I save a note or Evernote is syncing or has synced and then I press command 1 (or 2,3,4 etc), evernote crashes. This has happened at least 20 times in the last week, and I have sent bug reports each time. So I can reliably create the crash by saving a note and then pressing command 1.

This seems like a critical bug, and if there is a fix, I would like to know about it.

Below is some possibly relevant data that's dumped in the crash:

Date/Time:       2014-11-16 06:04:56 +0000
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Report Version:  104

Exception Type:  SIGABRT
Exception Codes: #0 at 0x7fff86a90212
Crashed Thread:  0

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'NSWindow: -_newFirstResponderAfterResigining is not a valid message outside of a responder's implementation of -resignFirstResponder.'

• 7 months later...

I have exactly the same problem, running v. 6.0.13. In my case, the problem started about six weeks ago under a previous version. I had hoped that upgrading to PLUS Membership last month would resolve it, but it has not.

My shortcuts are notebooks and notes, rather than tags. The crash occurs most frequently when I try to use the Cmd-1 keyboard shortcut. Cmd-2 seems to be more reliable, and I rarely use Cmd-3,4,5, etc.

I have not submitted a ticket, but I may have to, if this is not corrected in the next update.

Archived