(Archived) Emailing HTML shows the markup in the note

How are you sending this email? I.e. are you sending it from our web UI, or from one of the clients? If you're using one of our clients, what version?

Thanks

I've tried a couple different methods: from a script, and from Mail.app.

The current released version (1.5.2) has an email button which emails notes by converting them to PDF and then sending them using Mail.app.

The upcoming version removes this dependency on Mail.app, and provides HTML-based formatting.

Neither of these should display markup within the note if you use the "Email" button in our client.

Thanks

The current released version (1.5.2) has an email button which emails notes by converting them to PDF and then sending them using Mail.app.

The upcoming version removes this dependency on Mail.app, and provides HTML-based formatting.

Neither of these should display markup within the note if you use the "Email" button in our client.

Thanks

I have been working on an integration mechanism between an app I am building and Evernote. I need to be able to create a note in a user's note book that is basically an HTML page and I thought the easiest and simplest way to do that would be to send an email with the markup to the user's evernote email address. I was expecting that when the note got created it would show the rendered HTML that was in the email similar to the way the web clipper works. However, instead I see the raw markup.

Is my approach not valid? Do I have to switch to using the full API? Or are there headers in the email I can set to trigger the cleansing of the HTML so that it will render within evernote.?

If you send a properly formatted HTML email into an Evernote account, then we should preserve the HTML without showing the raw formatting. You may need to check the Content-Type and Content-Encoding for your MIME parts to make sure that your message body is correctly identified as "text/html"

Try sending formatted email into your account from something like gmail and confirm that it does preserve HTML formatting.

Archived