Problem Writing in New Version

joeybones

Hi there.

New Evernote user--downloaded the app last month and I love it.  Penultimate was my motivation for going completely paperless with my scribbles.  After a month of use, I'm on the cusp of buying my subscription when I noticed the new version got installed on my iPad and BAM!  My amazingly awesome note taker no longer works.  I simply can't write in it anymore.  My handwriting is no longer legible, no matter how slow and precise I try to make it.  In addition, the page no longer scrolls as I take notes (while in that cool zoom mode).  

Are there any thoughts to reviving the old version, perhaps as a separate download?  I love Evernote, but sadly can't continue using it this way.  

Thanks for your help.  

Okay mine did not work anymore either after the update. I would not let me write and when it finally registered what I was writing it was terrible and not legible. I have very neat handwriting so apparently the app is not working properly. However you can get the old version back but you need to do this fast. 

Step 1 - Go into your IPAD settings under app store and click off the automatic updates for apps. 

Step 2 - Delete the Penultimate APP from your IPAD

Step 3 - Connect to your IPAD to your ITUNES

Step 4 - Go to APPS and you should have the old version of Penultimate in there - Hit Install and relogin to your account...Everything will sync back over and you will be happy again!!!!

I am so super stoked to have my old version back that actually works!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

• 1 month later...

Same problem for me. I used to LOVE Penultimate, but the recent update makes the app almost completely un-useable! Besides the fact that the switch from "flipping pages" to scrolling is terrible, the biggest problem is the fact that my handwriting no longer shows up legibly, no matter how slowly or carefully I write. I suspect this is a ploy by Evernote to get users to switch to their own proprietary stylus... if so, that's horrible customer service.

Any suggestions for how I can get my handwriting to show up like it used to (i.e., legibly) would be GREATLY appreciated!

Same problem for me. I used to LOVE Penultimate, but the recent update makes the app almost completely un-useable! Besides the fact that the switch from "flipping pages" to scrolling is terrible, the biggest problem is the fact that my handwriting no longer shows up legibly, no matter how slowly or carefully I write. I suspect this is a ploy by Evernote to get users to switch to their own proprietary stylus... if so, that's horrible customer service.

Any suggestions for how I can get my handwriting to show up like it used to (i.e., legibly) would be GREATLY appreciated!

If it's a ploy to sell Evernote styluses, then it's backfired, because according to other threads in this forum the Evernote edition Jot Script doesn't work any better with PU 6 than plain styluses or fingers, even when it works well with other apps. That's not poor customer service, it's corporate suicide.

Archived