Bug: font color palette does not update with current text selection

Hi -

Sometime in the last couple of updates before Evernote 5.7.2 (for Mac, on Mavericks and Mountain Lion) the behavior of the font color palette (the window you get when you select Format > Show Colors) has changed.  It used to be that the color of the current text selection would be highlighted; for instance, if you had a note with black text, and you clicked on some of that black text, the color palette would highlight the black color.  Sometime recently this behavior has changed.  

The reason this matters is that I like to go through notes sometimes and change bits of text to a different color in order to highlight a sentence or paragraph.  Imagine that there's a note with all black text.  I highlight some of the text and click the red color in the font color palette -- the text turns red, and the red color box is highlighted.  Super.  Now I select some more text; but the color palette does not update to black (the color of the new selected text) but instead the red color box in the palette window is still highlighted.  Clicking on the red color in the palette window does _not_ turn the text red, presumably because there is no change event triggered since the color palette window still has the red color selected.  To change the color to red, I have to first select a different color, then re-select the red color.

This doesn't sound like a big deal, and in most ways it's not; but the longer you work with it the more irritating it becomes to have to go through this extra clicking step, especially since the old behavior worked the correct way (updating the color palette with the color of the current selection.)  It would be lovely if EN could return to the old behavior.

• 8 months later...

I have the exact same problem and most messages I found around this topic do not have a single response.

When testing I was able to reproduce immediately with 3 co-workers. (Evernote/Mac)

Archived