Journal Entries: How to add ‘Time Stamps’?

Hi all, I just wanted to know how I can use Evernote to record a list of the things I got done during the day so I can review it later. I just want to be able to press a keyboard shortcut that’ll write down the current time so I don’t need to spend time entering the time stamp manually.

Thanks!!

• Level 5
In Evernote Windows, you can use the key combination for date and time

Ctrl ; 

Or for just the time only, use an autotext/text expander program similar to PhraseExpress.

In PhraseExpress, the term #now automatically converts to the current time.

Another decent option, if you're in iOS, is a 3rd party app called vJournal, which adds time stamps every time it appends a new entry to an existing note for any given day in the "My Journal" stack in Evernote. There must be apps for other mobile devices too. This works nicely for me. Besides the time stamp, it's also super quick for a very specific use case. 

"You learn something every day", even if it's a Windows (or Evernote) shortcut.  ;)  Thanks! @csihilling and @jbenson2. How on earth does one discover Ctrl + ; ... unless you scour the KB or have been around the forums like forever??  :huh:

• Level 5

"You learn something every day", even if it's a Windows (or Evernote) shortcut.  ;)  Thanks! @csihilling and @jbenson2. How on earth does one discover Ctrl + ; ... unless you scour the KB or have been around the forums like forever??  :huh:

When ever I find something like this link, I try each shortcut and save the ones I like.

http://www.cheatography.com/senseful/cheat-sheets/evernote/

• Level 5*

Excel supports Ctrl; for date and ShiftCtrl; for time.  EN's Ctrl; combines the two.  Not exactly an industry standard, but worth a shot when all else fails.   :rolleyes:

Archived