Can't delete a note!

Go to solution Solved by CalS,

I've had a note "appear" in my notes list, which I've been unable to delete, and I've tried all the usual methods. When I click on the note (it's titled:"Ink note"), it appears blank and the top formatting bar doesn't even show up.When I right click on it(the blank note), the delete option doesn't appear. I'm unable to drag+drop it to trash. When I go to "My Account" on the Evernote website, this "mystery" note doesn't appear! :( This isn't a big problem, just a PAIN. Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated. :rolleyes: 

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Could try creating a dummy note and seeing if you can merge the two and then delete it.  Could try shutting down and restarting EN.  The other end of the spectrum would be to reload your data base from the servers.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

WONDERFUL! I can't believe that worked, I had been getting the "local missing notebook", and that was messing my synchronisation. I had to apply that trick (could not delete the note) also in the trash to finally get rid of the offending note. Thanks a lot csihilling.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have the same problem: a note "appeared" in evernote some weeks ago and I am unable to delete it. I tried all the usual stuff plus the dummy note trick above, but it didn't work either. The note is tagged "Shared via Work Chat" (perhaps this might give a clue). Thanks in advance for your help. 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 9/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, fjsant said:

I have the same problem: a note "appeared" in evernote some weeks ago and I am unable to delete it. I tried all the usual stuff plus the dummy note trick above, but it didn't work either. The note is tagged "Shared via Work Chat" (perhaps this might give a clue). Thanks in advance for your help. 

It really gives a clue: that note is shared with you by somebody, via WorkChat, and you can not delete it because you don't own that note. You have to ask that somebody to stop sharing it with you to make that note disappear from your view. Click the "Shared via Work Chat" to see who that person is.