(Archived) Multiple Page TIFF Files

Hi,

I scan my documents into TIFF. When I have multiple pages they scan just fine and you have to click on next page when viewing them; but evernote only seems to "see" the first page when I drop the scan into it. Can anyone comment?

Thanks!

Holden

We don't support TIFF files as an image type, so they can only be embedded as a generic "file attachment". We don't display TIFFs ourselves, so any rendering is being done by the registered application in your OS.

I'd recommend scanning to PDF instead ... this will be supported better in Evernote and elsewhere.

Excuse me?? I was asked to post in a different forum which I was doing. Perhaps you could post an answer that's actually helpful rather than elect yourself as the board moderator.

OR...you could have simply checked the reply that was posted ~20 minutes after your original post and did answer your question, rather than start a new thread a day later.

We don't support TIFF files as an image type, so they can only be embedded as a generic "file attachment". We don't display TIFFs ourselves, so any rendering is being done by the registered application in your OS.

I'd recommend scanning to PDF instead ... this will be supported better in Evernote and elsewhere.

Thanks for the information. Makes sense although I'm still a basic subscriber and I gather pdf files aren't searchable. Perhaps I'll scan to GIF or png. Again, thanks for the info.

If you scan into PDF format, and you don't do your own OCR first (on your computer), then you won't be able to search for text within PDF documents.

JPG works well for Free accounts, but isn't convenient if you're scanning multiple pages.

If you scan into PDF format, and you don't do your own OCR first (on your computer), then you won't be able to search for text within PDF documents.

JPG works well for Free accounts, but isn't convenient if you're scanning multiple pages.

Again, makes a lot of sense. Whenever possible, I'll scan as a searchable pdf but in cases of handwritten notes and the like, until I upgrade, I'll put up with the inconvenience and scan to jpg. Much appreciated.

• 3 years later...

if the evernote doesn't support tiff format, we can convert to pdf and then import or there are other add-on can be used to display and view multiple  tiff files. say a tiff image viewer vb.net.

Archived