Sync Options: Alternatives to Appending Conflicts

I currently use my first generation iPad (running iOS 5.1.1) as my work tablet.

Primarily, I use my Windows 7 pc for Evernote, but I use my iPad at meetings or when I am out of the office.

I use the free version of Evernote.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My question may be related to using an outdated version of Evernote on my iPad, but I would like an alternative to having note conflicts appended to the bottom of the relevant message.

Specifically and ideally, I would like to see:

• A new note created labelled "CONFLICT,"
  • A warning message stating that the conflicting note is open on another device with the option to choose which note(s) should be retained,
  • The ability to do a complete merge of the conflicting data, thereby retaining all new and deleted data, or (most ideally)
  • A line-by-line comparison of the conflicts with the ability to choose what to keep and what to discard.

Looking at the most recent version of Evernote, I do not see any comparable options related to syncing.

Do such options/features exist?

• Level 5*

At least some of the current bunch of Evernote clients support note locking and synchronization between devices. This is done automatically by the clients to help to avoid note conflicts. I haven't tested this out in any kind of systematic way, nor does my use case tend to lead to note conflicts, so I can't say how robust this facility is. I have seen warnings that a note is open for editing on another device, though (can't remember the exact wording).

Evernote has no conflict resolution aids that allow you to identify conflicting sections of multiple versions of a note. There is relevant discussion and suggestions on the forums of how note conflicts ought to be resolved; probably worth doing a forum search for that.

Archived