Excel Attachment iPhone vs. Mac

Hello,

Firstly sorry if this is covered - I have looked .. ..

I am using some attached (drag and drop into notes) excel spreadsheets - I have Office365 on my Mac and I am able to open the Evernote App and then double click the attachment - Office365 opens and I can edit - close Office365 and the updated spreadsheet updates within Evernote - works a treat.

What I cannot replicate is the same method when using my iPhone - does anyone know if this is possible or perhaps point me in the right direction for a solution.

On the iPhone I can open the spreadsheet but cannot find a way of saving the updated version into Evernote. I realise I can send it back as a new note then delete the old but not an elegant solution or as quick .. .. .. ..

Many thanks, have a good day all!

• Level 5*

What I cannot replicate is the same method when using my iPhone - does anyone know if this is possible or perhaps point me in the right direction for a solution.

On the iPhone I can open the spreadsheet but cannot find a way of saving the updated version into Evernote. I realise I can send it back as a new note then delete the old but not an elegant solution or as quick .. .. .. ..

AFAIK, EN iPhone/iPad does NOT support editing, then updating, of attachments to EN Notes.

Previously, the Apple iOS prevented this.  But I believe with iOS 8 this is now possible.  However, Evernote has NOT taken advantage of this feature so far.

EDIT:  Added the "8" to "iOS 8", left out by mistake.

Archived