Web Beta Release Notes 11/12

nanphan

Idea

Hi everyone, 

Here's a quick rundown of features that were added to the Web Client Beta in last night's release.  Not too much to report this week, but rest assured we're working hard to get more features into the Beta.  

• Features
    • Note links can now open in the Beta
    • Delete a thread in Work Chat
    • Launch experiences for new users (tours)
  • Misc. Bug Fixes
    • Bugs when viewing all of your Work Chat threads
    • Bugs navigating when you have chats open on smaller screens

We'll continue to add new functionality and fix your reported bugs, so check back in this forum regularly for updates.

Future updates over time to include but not limited to:  

• Creating note links
  • Reordering reminders
  • Reordering shortcuts
  • Setting note location
  • Note history
  • Adding a table
  • Saved Searches

- Nancy 

20 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi everyone, 

Here's a quick rundown of features that were added to the Web Client Beta in last night's release.  Not too much to report this week, but rest assured we're working hard to get more features into the Beta.  

• Features
    • Note links can now open in the Beta
    • Delete a thread in Work Chat
    • Launch experiences for new users (tours)
  • Misc. Bug Fixes
    • Bugs when viewing all of your Work Chat threads
    • Bugs navigating when you have chats open on smaller screens

Evernote,

I have to say I am not impressed at all.

Instead fixing bugs of core features like the one that forgets your inputs and stores an empty note when pressing the "Done" button and inserting fundamental features of the productive Web client which are necessary to really work with this version (see my list of missing and changed features here) you implement work chat and fix bugs in this feature. How can "work" chat work for a version that is missing so many fundamental features and has bugs in core features necessary for productive work?

And how long will it take to implement these features? With the current speed it will either take years or many of the users will stick to the productive version or decide to move to another tool.

Since I rely on a functional Web client because I am working under Linux at work I will look into an alternative. If the current Beta is not improved dramatically before the old interface is cancelled I will be lost. I cannot take that risk and therefore I will prepare an exit-strategy. I have already started moving important notes to Onenote which is at this moment for me not as good as the productive Web version but much better compared to the new interface.

I will continue to watch the progress and send my remarks. I really hope Evernote will create something useable for real work and not just something that looks nice.

• Level 5*

When can we expect to see an update to the Evernote Web Beta version? I really like the simplicity of the layout.  I have not been excited about Evernote in the past, and found the "grid view" and "List View" too distracting.  The web beta version is minimal, and does not distract my attention away from my thoughts. Please build-out the web beta, and bring the simplicity into the mac version.

The latest beta release notes were posted last night, and pinned to the top of the forum, about twenty minutes before you posted this...

When can we expect to see an update to the Evernote Web Beta version? I really like the simplicity of the layout.  I have not been excited about Evernote in the past, and found the "grid view" and "List View" too distracting.  The web beta version is minimal, and does not distract my attention away from my thoughts. Please build-out the web beta, and bring the simplicity into the mac version.

Evernote's new Web Beta under-serves Chromebook users.

I use Evernote on many devices. It is the feature that brought me to Evernote in the first place. 

The Web Beta version assumes this, as far as I can tell. It assumes that I am accessing Evernote on much more robust platforms like a Mac or PC (or, when compared to Web Beta, an iPhone). I'm concerned that with the increase in Chromebook/web exclusive users, particularly for education, the clean-ness of this new Web Beta will be so simple that the program will not be useful to those who are Chromebook-primary. Add to that the fact the Google Keep is going to continually increase in usability on those devices and I become concerned that more people will miss the chance to work with a program that is incredible, useful, and productive: Evernote. 

Certainly all of the people at Evernote have invested significantly in the program. The users have, too. I am a pastor, and Evernote literally runs my church. I'm sure they already have, but it seems that Evernote must reconsider increasing the functionality of the Web Beta version (and on a personal note, please let that functionality include nested tags), or keeping two Web versions - one robust and one for multi-platform users who need immediate access to note editing. 

• Level 5

After sharing a note with a colleague just now the sync in Beta returned a sync conflict version which was empty and one that has Untitled Note as the header. Seems the syncing is not functional yet? How can I get back to the old version?

Go to your account settings by clicking on the gear wheel icon in the lower left corner. Under "Beta" you can go back to the productive web interface. If the gear wheel is not visible make your browser window bigger (higher).

• Level 5

I doubt that nested tags will be implemented and I have not seen any plans from Evernote. The current implementation looks very similar to the iOS version. I think the developers don't feel that nested tags are necessary when you get a list of possible tags when you start typing. They abviously don't use hundreds of tags as some users do and they know the first letter of the tag they are searching for. I certainly would appreciate nested tags because my workflow is adapted to them.

Beta is interesting, although my first thought was that there is a difference between "clean" and" naked."  Understand "Beta" and am following development.  Product is the most useful item on my computer! Can't wait to see where it is going.

Hi!

I want to also include a list of features that will be fixed/available in future releases--so if this is on your short list for beta, they are coming and being handled.

• Creating note links
  • Reordering reminders
  • Reordering shortcuts
  • Setting note location
  • Note history
  • Adding a table
  • Saved Searches

Thank you very much for the "roadmap"! 

I'm very happy to see some points, which are important for me!

Bye

Tiggr

Hey guys - tried out the beta again. I do appreciate the new look, but it's still not very functional for me. I write many notes, and need to be able to quickly "throw" the note into the notebook where it belongs - *all* of my Evernote usage is based around this practice. All of my notes I "pick up" from my daily activities - emails, little to-do's, things I need to buy - are tossed into this first folder and then quickly sorted by placing them where they belong - a certain tag, or notebook. This is still totally impossible in the web beta, because there is no view that allows one to see the notebooks/tags column at the same time they see the note. Unfortunately I use the web client a lot - as a way to access my personal Evernote account from my work computer (so my personal info isn't on a computer my workplace owns). Taking away the user's ability to see both the organizational structure of their notes and the notes themselves at the same time will also ruin my favorite thing about Evernote. So, if this beta were mandatory for the web client I'd have to take my 4000 notes and almost three years of premium subscription to another service. 

Yeah. Didn't fix the major problem: you can't see your stuff without doing extra work! You're also still stuck with someone else's idea of what we use Evernote for by the insistence that the first thing you should see is a place to create a new note. Not useful. 

I want to also include a list of features that will be fixed/available in future releases--so if this is on your short list for beta, they are coming and being handled.

• Creating note links
  • Reordering reminders
  • Reordering shortcuts
  • Setting note location
  • Note history
  • Adding a table
  • Saved Searches

Archived