(Archived) Edit Credit Card Info

• 8 months later...

Can I make a suggestion?

Could you put a link on the user.action page to both Google and Paypal for updating this info? It isn't obvious to me (or I assume the original poster) that we used paypal. In fact, since you have it on file how we are paying, you could include that information so we know exactly how to insure you get paid.

Much thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. Now that we're big enough to accept credit cards directly, we're de-emphasizing Google Checkout and PayPal, but some people do still use them for new purchases.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the suggestion. Now that we're big enough to accept credit cards directly, we're de-emphasizing Google Checkout and PayPal, but some people do still use them for new purchases.

Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I just went to "my account page" from the help menu and I don't see any place for me to setup direct payment with Evernote. I'm not sure how to read your post. Are you saying new users are subscribing to EN with Checkout and Paypal, even though direct charging is available? I'm going to assume that's the case. I'm not sure how it helps me, or the original poster. You really should place a link on the 'my accounts' page to "payment settings." clicking that will take us to whatever page we need to go to based on our settings.

HTML is a wonderful thing. It makes hyperlinking possible and provides people direct access to information.

If you already have a recurring payment set up with PayPal or Google Checkout, then you have an account on that corresponding service. You can log in to your PayPal or Google Checkout account and adjust your information there.

Or you can cancel your existing subscription from the Settings page on the web (https://www.evernote.com/User.action). When your current paid period expires, you can then sign up directly from our site with a credit card without going through your PayPal or Google Checkout account.

I hear what you're saying, but I still think you're missing an opportunity to serve your customers better and at zero cost. Your system knows my method of payment and you could provide that information on my settings page. You could have a "Billing" tab where I can change over to direct bill, link to my pay service of record, and see payment history.

If you read the entire post, you would know why your latest response isn't helpful. I do business with many tens of companies and I can't always remember the unique payment arrangements for every single one. However, it is only EN that hides the information. In every other case, all I have to do is visit the billing page and learn/re-remember the information.

What makes this all so ironic is that you are a company that builds a single product around helping me remember stuff but when it comes to getting support about your product, you hide the knowledge.

• 3 months later...

Archived