Suggestion for different versions of evernote

Please make the different versions have the same features as main evernote otherwise they are pretty useless - they can be used for just viewing records but if I want to search or switch to different account can only do that on windows. Check box etc 

That is what I have seen from other products mostly is that the app may look a little different but functions the same or don't put it out cause it is not true evernote

Thanks

• Level 5*

Please make the different versions have the same features as main evernote otherwise they are pretty useless - they can be used for just viewing records but if I want to search or switch to different account can only do that on windows. Check box etc 

That is what I have seen from other products mostly is that the app may look a little different but functions the same or don't put it out cause it is not true evernote

Thanks

I quite agree with you -- all Evernote Clients should have the same features, unless restricted/prevented by the Client OS.

For example, I see no reason why EN Win and EN Mac should have different features.  Perhaps implemented somewhat differently, but both platforms should have identical features.

Due to the restriction of the mobile platforms (like iOS), I can  understand *some* differences in features with the mobile platforms.  But this is NOT an excuse to  NOT provide features that are clearly well within the capability of the mobile OS.

Here's the point:  the more Evernote apps have the same features and UI across platforms, the EASIER it will be for us users to use Evernote.

Thanks

I quite agree with you -- all Evernote Clients should have the same features, unless restricted/prevented by the Client OS.

For example, I see no reason why EN Win and EN Mac should have different features.  Perhaps implemented somewhat differently, but both platforms should have identical features.

Due to the restriction of the mobile platforms (like iOS), I can  understand *some* differences in features with the mobile platforms.  But this is NOT an excuse to  NOT provide features that are clearly well within the capability of the mobile OS.

Here's the point:  the more Evernote apps have the same features and UI across platforms, the EASIER it will be for us users to use Evernote.

I agree with both of you. I am also having another issue baised on your fingings. I cannot sync my PC and my Desktop due to having different versions with different features.  I have the old version (4.1.3?) on my iPad and love it. I refuse to get the new one due to the new less efficient UI. Currently because of my cross platform issues, my computer will not accept this app and, refuses to sync. (somehow, the new update for my PC got recently installed  :() I have to go on the internet and sign in through my browser to access Evernote. But, with the idea of cross compatibility like you said, our platforms (iOS, PC, Mac,  etc,) will no longer have issues and, the user experience will be more enjoyable.  :D

Archived