(Archived) Clipping Google Docs

jupiterwise

I have some reports and other documents for several projects in Google Docs. I would like to associate these with a notebook in Evernote, so I can pull them up in the context of other relevant materials I've clipped. So far, I haven't found any elegant way to do it, and I've run into some issues using the Firefox extension / bookmarklet:

- If I open the clip window on a Google Doc and check "clip full page", it grabs all the extraneous links and buttons and then seems to hit a character limit, as it doesn't actually get down to the content of the Doc.

- If I highlight some or all of the content in the Google Doc first, the Clip window comes up, but displays "Loading Clip" in an h1 tag and then hangs.

- If I open the clip window before highlighting anything, I can then manually copy and paste some or all of the Google Doc content into the "add text" box, but it's an annoying extra step and formatting is lost.

So I guess I'll be moving forward with the third option, but I'm curious if there are known issues around clipping Google Docs, or perhaps workarounds that people have found?

My ideal would be to share my Google Doc with an Evernote entity and then have the content of that Google Doc be searchable in Evernote...

You may have better luck with the native web clipping capabilities of either the Mac or Windows client, which may circumvent some of the security and Javascript issues of the light bookmarklet clipper.

Archived