Tryin gto understand what is the right version?

I keep having conflicts between my desktop and my ios, but I am not sure what the best solution is.

Evernote tells me there is an update available, I follow the link adn download the latest version via the web (the auto update never works), but I continue to have conflicts between my desktop and the ios iPhone version. the I updated via the App store thinking that might help, but it still seems to be incompatible. 

What is the best way to stay up to date on the Mac OS Yosemite and on an iPhone ios 8?

TIA

Henry

• Level 5*

Since your Mac OS is Yosemite, and your iPhone is iOS 8, probably the best thing is to make sure you are updated to the latest versions on both.

If you're having trouble with either, then try this:

1. Delete (move to Trash) the Evernote App
  2. Restart your device
  3. Re-download from the Evernote.com site (NOT the Mac App Store) or the iOS App Store
  4. Install

EN Mac 5.7.2 is the first version (I think) to more fully support Yosemite.  However, it looks like they are still working out the kinks.

To keep your Mac and iPhone in sync, remember that ALL devices sync with the Evernote Cloud Service, not with each other.

I have developed a habit that helps me avoid 99% of sync issues:

1. Manually sync, and sync often.  Don't rely on the autosync.
  2. Always manually sync after:
    1. Entry/Edit of an important Note
    2. The end of each session
    3. The end of each day
    4. You're finished with one device, and want to switch to another device
    5. You first start using another device
  3. For important work, view the Notes on the other device to make sure all Notes are sync'd
  4. Backup important and hard-to-replace Notes. Go to File > Export to export as an ENEX archive file.
  5. Make sure you have an active, frequent Backup system always running (at least once a day, hourly if possible)
    1. I use Time Machine on the Mac for hourly backups of changes
    2. A lot of people use the online backups like Carbonite and CrashPlan

I know it may sound/look like a lot of work, but once you get into the habit of doing this stuff, it becomes automatic, second nature.

If you're still having problems after tying the above, post back here with details of your problem.

Archived