Mobile Synchronization

Hi guys, just wondering if this has happened to any of you. Thanks for your time.

If I create a new note on the desktop Evernote for Windows, and then I use Evernote for mobile without internet connection, the new notes created are there, but only on title, cause when you click on one, it says "you are not logged in to the net". This happens even when I sync the mobile Evernote, when Im at my house wi-fi. When I leave the house, even after synchronizing, it says "you are not logged in to the net". The only way I can read the notes is by synchronizing then opening the note while I am connected to internet. If I do that, then I can read the notes in offline mode. Is this normal? :rolleyes:

• Level 5*

Hi guys, just wondering if this has happened to any of you. Thanks for your time.

If I create a new note on the desktop Evernote for Windows, and then I use Evernote for mobile without internet connection, the new notes created are there, but only on title, cause when you click on one, it says "you are not logged in to the net". This happens even when I sync the mobile Evernote, when Im at my house wi-fi. When I leave the house, even after synchronizing, it says "you are not logged in to the net". The only way I can read the notes is by synchronizing then opening the note while I am connected to internet. If I do that, then I can read the notes in offline mode. Is this normal? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking, or what you're doing, but maybe this will help:

• Offline Notebooks on mobile devices are available only to Premium account owners
  • You must have had an Internet connection at some point in order for the Notes to have sync'd down to your mobile device
    • Internet connection can be made by either cellular connection or wi-fi connection.
  • If you are not a Premium account owner, you must have either cellular or wi-fi connection to read your Notes.
  • If you open/read a Note while connected, Evernote will save then Note in cache to make it faster to view the next time you read it
  • But the cache is temporary, and can be cleared at any time.

Hey JMichael, thanks for replying. Yeah I know I didnt explain it very clearly  :D 
I am a premium user. The problem is that even when I sinchronize my Evernote mobile, and then try to read the recently created notes while in offline mode, I can't. It says "You don't have internet connection".

The only way I can see my new notes in offline mode, is by opening them 1 by 1 for the first time while using internet connection. If I do that. I can return anytime on offline mode and the note will be available to work on.

I don't want that each time I create new content in Evernote Desktop, I have to search and open each new note on the Cellphone, so I can view them on Offline Mode.  :huh: 
Is this the way this normally works?

• Level 5*

@dantinap,

The EN context for offline notebooks is that the contents in addition to the titles are downloaded and stored for all notes in a notebook that is cheeked for offline.  It really doesn't have anything to do with Internet connectivity per se.  Confusing I know.  

An Internet connection is a must to see the contents of a note if it is in a notebook NOT checked for download.  JMichael's setting above and a sync and you should have access to the contents of those notes, without a connection.

• Level 5*

I am using Android 4.2 version on Samsung phone. When I click on settings, there is no Premium option to continue.

:unsure:

In Account information, it says I am a premium user.

I'm not an Android phone user, but I'd think (hope) that somewhere in the Evernote settings you should find one for "Offline Notebooks".

You might do a google for "evernote android offline notebooks"

Yep... the "Download all Notes" option doesn't seem to be one that many can go for... at least not on smartphone.

Besides being able to download specific notebooks, it might be great to have another option we could switch on: Download most recent notes accessed (account-wide) - independent of the notebook.

This would increase the chances of being able to access what one needs offline at least a tad. This could be limited to most recent 20, 50, 100 etc.

Archived