Primary School Evernote

Hello guys, 

I have been asked to investigate the possibility of getting Evernote as a cloud storage device for evidence of children's work in school.

Having lost a lot of sleep over the weekend over this matter I have decided to seek help from those in the know.

Would this work:

1 Business account to keep a backup of all childrens work (350 pupils). All premium accounts share with the business account to keep a backup of data. This in synced once a week so ultimately children can only lose the last weeks work.

7 Premium accounts to follow each of the cohorts (foundation, year 1, year 2, year 3... etc) through their school journey. These contain notebooks with the childrens names and their work. They can save their work to these accounts. 

What are your thought? Have I missed any glaring pitfalls? Is there a cheaper way to do it? 

I am terrified that a child will get the hump one week and decide to delete all their classes work. 

Thanks,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

There's a specific area in the discussion forms for schools and the educational uses of Evernote here https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/90-evernote-for-schools/

Meantime you may be over-egging the pudding with business plus premium accounts - a premium account could serve as your central archive,  and free accounts could serve each cohort,  with a notebook for each child and notes to contain their work.

There's at least one drawback though in children 'saving their work' - how will they have access to their notebook?  All using the same account details?  That way lies chaos.  It would be better if each child had their own free account - (they'll need an individual email address for that) but if the school shares 'out' their notebook for that child so s/he can receive assignments and share notes back into their school account,  the worst 'accident' would be to lose a day or so work for one child.  There's no access to delete anyone else's work..

Best advice for all large-scale launches:  try something out in small scale first.  For the price of one Premium and a few free accounts you could start a pilot scheme in one fairly senior tech-savvy class to see what sort of real world problems you would experience.

Make sure you check out Evernote's educational discounts when you start setting this up!

Archived