One year of data loss – no answer from support since two weeks

aaastrid

Idea

Hi,

on oct 30th i suddenly did not see my posts from over a year. The last entries are from august 2013!! I use Evernote a lot, and want the data back, but Evernote support did not answer any of my three mails, nor my facebook post. I feel totally let down!! I was just about to upgrade to a premium account, but now i just want an explanation for this, and leave. Anybody here who cares?

8 replies to this idea

Hi,

on oct 30th i suddenly did not see my posts from over a year. The last entries are from august 2013!! I use Evernote a lot, and want the data back, but Evernote support did not answer any of my three mails, nor my facebook post. I feel totally let down!! I was just about to upgrade to a premium account, but now i just want an explanation for this, and leave. Anybody here who cares?

Email & Facebook are not support venues. The correct support venue is to submit a support ticket (see my signature) or chat. However, direct support from Evernote is now mostly for premium users. I'd suggest if it's important to you that you spend the $5 to upgrade to premium & use chat. The other option is to restore from a backup. Do you have a recent backup?

I submitted three support tickets (not mails, sorry i wrote that wrong), and i sent a facebook message only after the second ticket stayed unanswered. I did not know that support comes only for premium members. Why make it possible to submit tickets for normal users, when i don't get an answer anyway? i will doublecheck my backup again in the evening, good idea, thank you.

I submitted three support tickets (not mails, sorry i wrote that wrong), and i sent a facebook message only after the second ticket stayed unanswered. I did not know that support comes only for premium members. Why make it possible to submit tickets for normal users, when i don't get an answer anyway? i will doublecheck my backup again in the evening, good idea, thank you.

You should check your notes in the web client first. If they exist there, then there is something goofy with the Mac client. If the notes do not exist on the web client, then they may have been accidentally deleted - check the Evernote trash. If you need to use your backup, please search the board first. Restoring data (in any app) is not a one-size-fits-all, since it depends upon what has been done since the last backup & what the user needs to restore.

Hi, thank you. Of course i checked the web client right away, it was the same there. The trash was empty. It happened after i connected an old and seldomly used ipad to my Mac, which had Evernote on it. I wonder if somehow the Evernote from the ipad never synced and then overwrote my notes from my mac (laptop). But i am not a technician, so i don't know.

• Ex Employees

If you send over your ticket #s I'd be happy to investigate. 

• Ex Employees

As a free user, most support request will be tagged as a lower priority, but I've merged and escalated your ticket in the queue. You should be contacted via email shortly. 

You may double check if your content is missing from your web account and that you are logged into the correct account. 

Archived