Evernote 5.5.1 crashing on Mac OSX 10.9.5

Scott Nolan

Idea

I've currently have Evernote 5.5.1 app running on a Mac OSX 10.9.5

It was running fine till recently but now it freezes on the attached screen.

I've tried reinstalling it from both the app store and the Evernote site

The app store version has the same results as the freeze.

And the Evernote site version crashes straight away.

post-233544-0-59413100-1415584082_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

I am running Evernote 5.5.1 and OS 10.10. EN just started crashing during every session, often times when I right-click on notes and sometimes sporadically during other activities. I have to Force Quit the app. Sometimes it won't let me quit and I have to shut down my computer. Other times I can't shut down the app even when it is not present on my desktop. I try to shut the computer down and it gives me an error that EN wouldn't quit and to try again. Unfortunately, the program won't quit and I have to hard shut down the computer.

• Level 5*

In both cases -

• backup your Evernote database (or your whole system)
  • Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ - http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
  • Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.
  • Restart your computer
  • Re-install Evernote

NB  This completely removes Evernote and ALL Notes from your Mac.  If you have any local notebooks, or unsynced notes,  export them to ENEX files before you continue.  Refreshing the database from the server will take some time with larger databases. 

After reinstall/ syncing the database,  re-import these notebooks/ notes into the database.

Archived